Japan

CMC122

Go Braves!
My sister did a year in Okinawa and is getting ready to head back over there for another 3 years when she gets back from Iraq.

Somdmommy

:Jeepin' in NC:
wxtornado said:
Yes. You planning on going?
Hubby is looking at orders. On his list of places to go are.

Honshu ( Misawa AFB) and Tinker In Ok. I know he really wants Japan though.

I've been reading all the stuff you have to do to get over there and OMG!!

onebdzee

off the shelf
Somdmommy said:
Hubby is looking at orders. On his list of places to go are.

Honshu ( Misawa AFB) and Tinker In Ok. I know he really wants Japan though.

I've been reading all the stuff you have to do to get over there and OMG!!

Me and the ex were in Kinser/Futenma(Oki) for a 3 year tour....loved it!

PM me if you want more details

Angel

~*~*~
If it's sea duty it would depend on how you feel about being in a foreign country by yourself. If it's shore duty then why not? I have met many people who were stationed in Japan (spouses of military folks, military folks, and civilians) that loved it. They rave about the place.

Somdmommy

Angel said:
If it's sea duty it would depend on how you feel about being in a foreign country by yourself. If it's shore duty then why not? I have met many people who were stationed in Japan (spouses of military folks, military folks, and civilians) that loved it. They rave about the place.
It would be Shore Duty.

From what I read it sounds great, but I have been here since I was 2 and I have never been away from the Easy Coast. So they thought of another country is weird.

Angel

~*~*~
Somdmommy said:
It would be Shore Duty.

From what I read it sounds great, but I have been here since I was 2 and I have never been away from the Easy Coast. So they thought of another country is weird.
Oh My Gosh you should DO IT!! If it's Shore Duty then heck yeah! If mine could get orders overseas for Shore Duty we'd do it in a heartbeat!! However if you don't like it when you guys are on Shore Duty then don't stay for Sea Duty!!

Somdmommy

Angel said:
Oh My Gosh you should DO IT!! If it's Shore Duty then heck yeah! If mine could get orders overseas for Shore Duty we'd do it in a heartbeat!! However if you don't like it when you guys are on Shore Duty then don't stay for Sea Duty!!
< This wife will not be doing a Sea Duty in another country. I will live in a condo at home port!

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
Somdmommy said:
Really?

How old were you when they left?
Yes, really. I was an infant when we left. We moved to Guam next. They really loved it there, and apparantly I did too.

Somdmommy

Nickel said:
Yes, really. I was an infant when we left. We moved to Guam next. They really loved it there, and apparantly I did too.
WoW!

I would like to see some new places and learn a new language. I never thought I would be so scared to move overseas!

Thanks everyone!

Angel

~*~*~
Somdmommy said:
WoW!

I would like to see some new places and learn a new language. I never thought I would be so scared to move overseas!

Thanks everyone!
One of the military wives I have met, went with her husband to Japan while he was on Sea Duty, and while he was gone she taught herself Japanese. She became fluent enough to teach Japanese People English. I was very impressed. She has many people she considers family in Japan now. She among other military spouses have inspired me to throw my cautious security blanket called home to the wind and be open to other cultures.

Somdmommy

Angel said:
One of the military wives I have met, went with her husband to Japan while he was on Sea Duty, and while he was gone she taught herself Japanese. She became fluent enough to teach Japanese People English. I was very impressed. She has many people she considers family in Japan now. She among other military spouses have inspired me to throw my cautious security blanket called home to the wind and be open to other cultures.
Yeah thats what I planned on doing if we went. I hear you can make pretty good money teaching them english. I really want to learn how to write it too.

MMDad

Lem Putt
Somdmommy said:
Yeah thats what I planned on doing if we went. I hear you can make pretty good money teaching them english. I really want to learn how to write it too.

Try this:

Borrow one of your kid's crayons.

Start by making two Vertical marks on the paper next to each other. It should look like this:

II

Then make a horizontal mark across the top of the second vertical mark. Like this:

IT

You are welcome.

MMDad

Lem Putt
Somdmommy said:
Or my other smart a$$ response:

Those of us who read you posts wish you would learn to write in english, too.

Somdmommy

MMDad said:
Try this:

Borrow one of your kid's crayons.

Start by making two Vertical marks on the paper next to each other. It should look like this:

II

Then make a horizontal mark across the top of the second vertical mark. Like this:

IT

You are welcome.
:buttkick:

Smart Ass!! :roflmao: