Accident on 301 in Waldorf?

camily

Peace
Apparently there was a motorcycle accident on 301 in Waldorf yesterday. My sister said she saw about 12-15 bikes pulled over on the side of the road and there were all kinds of ambulances and cops at the scene. Anyone know anything?

rack'm

Jaded
No, but I just watched a bicycler take a header on the road and laughed out loud......that is all. :biggrin:

rack'm

Jaded
CableChick said:
I'm horrible! I laughed at this! :banghead:

You really would have laughed if you got to see it........

The guy wasn't hurt and he rode off on the bike after picking himself up.

He was riding down a slight grade when the bike slide out from under him, he slid a few feet and his water bottle took off like a shot.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Ben RottenBurger.. the QB for Pittsburgh went ass over teakettle in Pittsburgh today.. No helmet.. Of course most helmets out there aren't much better then going without..

Last edited:

K_Jo

Pea Brain
PREMO Member
FastCarsSpeed said:
There was a bike accident in Pinefield in waldorf on saturday. Possibly one dead from that one.
I heard the dead body was lying on the side of the road for a few hours before the coroner came to get him.

Ponytail

K_Jo said:
I heard the dead body was lying on the side of the road for a few hours before the coroner came to get him.

And said dead dude's son watched the whole thing. Still haven't seen/heard what the hell the guy was doing when he crashed though it's not too hard to come to conclusions. 20mph residential street, no helmet, cell phone in one hand, throttle grip in the other, sole from left boot ripped off and mangled toes, Severe head/face trauma.

Another kid that has to go through life with that image of his father being stupid.

I feel for that family, deeply. They've got a long road ahead of them.

camily

Peace
FastCarsSpeed said:
There was a bike accident in Pinefield in waldorf on saturday. Possibly one dead from that one.
That wasn't it. My sister came over Sunday and said she saw the commotion on her way over.

Claff

Drove by the Sunday afternoon accident near Billingsly on 301. Bunch of motorcycles, one was pretty beat but they had it standing upright on the left shoulder while everything else was going on on the right shoulder. Heard some shouting and arguing, no idea what it was about and didn't really care as we were 20 minutes from ending an 8 hour ride and I wasn't really in the mood to slow down for much of anything, much less deal with dimwits who see the accident, see the right lane closed and still go hammer down to the point where they HAVE to merge and then try and force their way into line while nice folks like us already safely merged a ways back to try and keep the flow smooth.

What a long strange sentence that was.

camily

Peace
Claff said:
Drove by the Sunday afternoon accident near Billingsly on 301. Bunch of motorcycles, one was pretty beat but they had it standing upright on the left shoulder while everything else was going on on the right shoulder. Heard some shouting and arguing, no idea what it was about and didn't really care as we were 20 minutes from ending an 8 hour ride and I wasn't really in the mood to slow down for much of anything, much less deal with dimwits who see the accident, see the right lane closed and still go hammer down to the point where they HAVE to merge and then try and force their way into line while nice folks like us already safely merged a ways back to try and keep the flow smooth.

What a long strange sentence that was.
That must have been it.

Ponytail

BuddyLee said:
The local EMT's around here call bikers "death on wheels".

That's understandable considering the way most of those knuckleheads drive. :rolleyes: Twice now, I've had close calls with an EMT vehicle. First time, it was completely on my side of the double yellow lines coming around corner, no lights or sirens, so no hurry, right? The second time, one blew the stop sign right in front of the Firehouse.

I'd feel MUCH safer if those azzhats weren't on the road when I'm on my bike. I can't speak for all other bikers though. I saw some TRUE American Idiots at Jaags on Saturday, and I was there WAY early, and only stayed for an hour. I can't imagine what kind of crowd crawled out there on their bikes on Saturday night.

Pete

Repete
Ponytail said:
That's understandable considering the way most of those knuckleheads drive. :rolleyes: Twice now, I've had close calls with an EMT vehicle. First time, it was completely on my side of the double yellow lines coming around corner, no lights or sirens, so no hurry, right? The second time, one blew the stop sign right in front of the Firehouse.

I'd feel MUCH safer if those azzhats weren't on the road when I'm on my bike. I can't speak for all other bikers though. I saw some TRUE American Idiots at Jaags on Saturday, and I was there WAY early, and only stayed for an hour. I can't imagine what kind of crowd crawled out there on their bikes on Saturday night.
Boy and I rode throught there about 2, some goober was doing a burn out in front of Toots and got the "wobble" we moved over and went on through and home.

K_Jo

Pea Brain
PREMO Member
Ponytail said:
And said dead dude's son watched the whole thing. Still haven't seen/heard what the hell the guy was doing when he crashed though it's not too hard to come to conclusions. 20mph residential street, no helmet, cell phone in one hand, throttle grip in the other, sole from left boot ripped off and mangled toes, Severe head/face trauma.

Another kid that has to go through life with that image of his father being stupid.

I feel for that family, deeply. They've got a long road ahead of them.
I grew up in Pinefield and my old neighbor's son said he saw it happen--said the dead dude was weaving back and forth and it looked like he was just screwing around, then BAM! :dead: :ohwell:

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
Pete said:
Boy and I rode throught there about 2, some goober was doing a burn out in front of Toots and got the "wobble" we moved over and went on through and home.
I think PT saw that. :jameo:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Pete said:

I saw the burnout this afternoon. Chick and I never made it over. She fell asleep about 230 for a much needed nap.