Dog Groomer

baileydog

I wanna be a SMIB
Good Morning all. I am looking for someone to bathe my dog once a month in the Gr mills, Lex pk area. All she will need is a bath and quick brush. Maybe an occasional nail clip. Someone not too terribly expensive? Can you all recommend anyone. Thanks in advance. Oh and we named her Tasha and shes a wonderfully calm Shepherd puppy. A joy to have and shes coming out of her shell more and more everyday. :love: :huggy:

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
Since she's a pup, just start working with her now and you can trim her nails. Dogs don't need to be bathed that often -- not good for their coat. GSDs do require brushing quite often to keep their coats (undercoat included) in good shape. You should also get her used to having her ears cleaned as well as checking her teeth and keeping the clean. :yay:

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
kwillia said:
My little sissy brat will not let me near her with nail clippers...:burning:

You'd be surprised...muzzle her and flip her on her side. My older dog hates his nails trimmed. I bought a muzzle (which the vet used to use on him) and lay him on his side and I clip his nails in about 5 minutes.

cattitude said:
You'd be surprised...muzzle her and flip her on her side. My older dog hates his nails trimmed. I bought a muzzle (which the vet used to use on him) and lay him on his side and I clip his nails in about 5 minutes.
I have tried everything (except the muzzle... I will go buy one soon)... the main problem with her is she screams and jerks her feet the whole time so I can't get them clipped because it's a moving target. I have even had R hold her as tight as possible, but she still moves too much for me to clip.

baileydog

I wanna be a SMIB
cattitude said:
Since she's a pup, just start working with her now and you can trim her nails. Dogs don't need to be bathed that often -- not good for their coat. GSDs do require brushing quite often to keep their coats (undercoat included) in good shape. You should also get her used to having her ears cleaned as well as checking her teeth and keeping the clean. :yay:

I dont like to clip nails, I really perfer to pay for it. She had them done on saturday. And we gave her a bath, she was quite dusty and gritty. And she didnt mind at all me cleaning her ears. I was really surprised. Anyway, now that shes all nice and clean, I want to keep her that way.

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
FYI...

All German Shepherds need regular grooming, especially the long-coated ones. More frequent grooming is required during the moulting seasons. At these times they can shed quite heavily leaving trails of fur wherever they go. Grooming, plus a suitable diet, will keep the coat looking shiny and healthy. Frequent bathing will remove natural oils from the coat, so it is advisable only to bath them when absolutely necessary. Clipping or shaving the GSD is not recommended as this can cause the coat to alter in texture and appearance and make grooming more difficult. If necessary the hair on the rear end under the tail may be trimmed for hygiene and excessive hair on the feet cut back.

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
kwillia said:
jerks her feet the whole time so I can't get them clipped because it's a moving target.
:howdy: That's what Cody does. He can't stand still! I can touch his feet just fine, but when he sees the clippers all of a sudden he's curious and starts dancing around and trying to get it. So I pay $5 for someone else to do it. :lmao: Now that the weather's nice and he plays outside, we haven't had to have them clipped in awhile.

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
Nickel said:
:howdy: That's what Cody does. He can't stand still! I can touch his feet just fine, but when he sees the clippers all of a sudden he's curious and starts dancing around and trying to get it. So I pay $5 for someone else to do it. :lmao: Now that the weather's nice and he plays outside, we haven't had to have them clipped in awhile.

Mily is a total tard about it. She doesn't get aggressive at all she's just so damn curious and strong that it's really a flipping ordeal to clip her nails. She'll lay down and doesn't mind me touching her paws but wants to have her nose all up in the middle of what I'm doing. I have to have B hold her head up and away so I can see her nails to clip them and then in retalliation she jerks her paws away. Kinda like "If I can't see what you're doing, you're not doing anything!" :jameo:

pixiegirl said:
Mily is a total tard about it. She doesn't get aggressive at all she's just so damn curious and strong that it's really a flipping ordeal to clip her nails. She'll lay down and doesn't mind me touching her paws but wants to have her nose all up in the middle of what I'm doing. I have to have B hold her head up and away so I can see her nails to clip them and then in retalliation she jerks her paws away. Kinda like "If I can't see what you're doing, you're not doing anything!" :jameo:

My freakin' brat acts like I'm killing her. I shave her. I pluck her ears. I fool around with her feet and clean the excess hair from them. But let me come near her with nail clippers and she screams bloody murder, shakes, pulls and fights for all she's worth.

I will do it if you have not found anyone- I do my friend's schnauzzer's and 2 golden retreiver plus a great dane- I will bath and do the nails plus add some doggie smell good! ;} PM if interested and we can work the details!
T

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
pixiegirl said:
Cody has an aversion to grooming I think. He's lucky he's not a poodle. :lmao: He won't lay down so we can clip his nails, he just prances and jumps around. He's had to have a "bath" a few times (just rinsing off), because he likes running around in mud puddles. He hates the bathtub and tolerates having the shower on, but turn the hose or sprinkler on him outside and he's in doggy heaven. :lmao:

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
kwillia said:
My freakin' brat acts like I'm killing her. I shave her. I pluck her ears. I fool around with her feet and clean the excess hair from them. But let me come near her with nail clippers and she screams bloody murder, shakes, pulls and fights for all she's worth.

My mom's JRT is like that. No $hit, she wears leather gloves to clip the dogs nails.

baileydog

I wanna be a SMIB
dazeworkfarm said:
I will do it if you have not found anyone- I do my friend's schnauzzer's and 2 golden retreiver plus a great dane- I will bath and do the nails plus add some doggie smell good! ;} PM if interested and we can work the details!
T

Thanks, I will. :huggy:

Nanny Pam

Jake (Miniature Poodle) has never been a problem for me. I can give him a bath, haircut, nail trim, and he never bats an eye. He is great.

Woody (Labradoodle) ...well, he has challenged me a few times, (he's not quite a year old) however, I always win. He just gives up and lets me clip his nails.
I will not give him another bath unless he really needs it, because I did it once and his coat got all dried out. From now on....just a rinse with the hose & that's it!