Jeep Owner Needs Help!

CombatVet13

I recently purchased a Wrangler a few months ago. I have nowhere to go offroading or go on trails. Anyone know of or have a place I can go? Id also be interested in meeting up with others.

01mds10

i occasionally go down the powerline trails off of buck hewitt road. there is a few down in ridge also. just drive down the road, when you see a trail, turn down it and see where it goes.

CombatVet13

Is that trail visible by anybody? What would you estimate the risk factor for being busted and arrested to be?

Thanks for your help.....Do you have a Wrangler?

Somdmommy

:Jeepin' in NC:
CombatVet13 said:
Is that trail visible by anybody? What would you estimate the risk factor for being busted and arrested to be?

Check Pm's

CombatVet13 said:

Well cops dont have 4wd, so I say very unlikely :lmao:

J/K....

Ponytail

There's a couple of local 4wheeling clubs in the area. Most 4 wheel excursions go out of the area to legal pay-to-play areas. Some members have private land that they sometimes take people on, but those are usually by invite only. Don't ask to be invited.

www.marylandcreepers.com is a good place to start.

www.paragonap.com is a good place to wheel.

As far as Buck Hewitt Road, it's all private land. I have "rescued" a few jeeps and other trucks outta there for co-workers. The risk is there.

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
Ponytail said:
There's a couple of local 4wheeling clubs in the area. Most 4 wheel excursions go out of the area to legal pay-to-play areas. Some members have private land that they sometimes take people on, but those are usually by invite only. Don't ask to be invited.

www.marylandcreepers.com is a good place to start.

www.paragonap.com is a good place to wheel.

As far as Buck Hewitt Road, it's all private land. I have "rescued" a few jeeps and other trucks outta there for co-workers. The risk is there.
Have you gone to rausch (sp) creek?

bad1032 said:
How wrong you are, we have 4 wheelers and patrol there. you will be arrested and vehicle towed.
Ah, another community service. We used to have a blast getting chased by the dirt bike riding police in San Diego Co. You gotta catch 'em before you arrest 'em. :lmao:

JeepGirl

CombatVet13 said:
I recently purchased a Wrangler a few months ago. I have nowhere to go offroading or go on trails. Anyone know of or have a place I can go? Id also be interested in meeting up with others.

Check out www.hardrockcrawlers.org and its a southern maryland club. In fact there is a meeting tonight at 6pm at Nicoletti's in California. :yay:

Magnum

Should be Huntin
Here's my toy. I need to get some better pictures. the one with me in it my truck was still in pieces and had little tires still.

Attachments

• 030706_151539.jpg
    030706_151539.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 116
  • truck1.JPG
    truck1.JPG
    89.8 KB · Views: 117

wv4x4

CombatVet13 said:

I go down to Crozet,va which is about 20 min past charotlettesville

Ponytail

wv4x4 said:
Rausch creek is nice becasue no 4wheelers are allowed.

4 wheelers never bothered me at paragon though. I like watching them in the Mixing Bowl and they usually can't go on the trails I go on. Has Paragon gotten bad with them? I haven't been out wheelin in a couple of years.

wv4x4

Ponytail said:
4 wheelers never bothered me at paragon though. I like watching them in the Mixing Bowl and they usually can't go on the trails I go on. Has Paragon gotten bad with them? I haven't been out wheelin in a couple of years.

There are quite a few up there now. you usually dont see them on the black trails. Rausch creek is also about 1/2 closer so that is kinda nice.