My wife found my vacation stash

bcp

In My Opinion
WHY,,, WHY? Why must women go through all of the drawers in their husbands desk???
What is it that they think they will find? phone numbers? pictures? letters from the lawyer refrencing that indiscretion that you are being sued for?
Money? do they actually think that the husband would keep money from them?

so she digs through the drawers and just happens to accidently open the envelope that has 900 bucks in it, so now she is pissed because I have been hiding money from her.

I rehid it. all of it. every penny.

Men, we need to start a mens only banking system that will allow us to keep money from our wives so that we too might be able to actaully spend some of what we make.

Shes pissed off even though she is going on vacation with me and the money would benifit her also.

if she were not such a tightwad, I would not have to act in this manner.
she could have a grand in her pocket and she would claim we cant afford to eat a day old cheesburger at McDonalds.

bcp

In My Opinion
morganj614 said:
Don't worry about it. She has her own stash and it's for the divorce attorney. :yay:

so, basically,,, what you are saying,,

she has a right to be pissed about this, and Im an ####### once again?

just trying to clear this all up.

would it help to mention that the money is so that no matter what my daughter asks for,, she can have it?

its for the children.

Pandora

Speaking of money, I just sat down and paid bills. :dead:

Vet bills are a beast but worth it. I shouldn't have any for a while. :crossesfingers:

morganj614

bcp said:
so, basically,,, what you are saying,,

she has a right to be pissed about this, and Im an ####### once again?

just trying to clear this all up.
would it help to mention that the money is so that no matter what my daughter asks for,, she can have it?

its for the children.

I am saying you think about your communication, trust and sharing as a couple. Something seems amiss there, mister. I'm going to bed now. It's yours to ponder :howdy:

W

Wenchy

I don't look through drawers, but my DH did take 20 out of my wallet, and told me about it the next day. At least it wasn't my kids. :lol:

He didn't want to wake me to ask me for money, and that is cool with me.

K_Jo

Pea Brain
PREMO Member
I don't go through my husband's computer, desk, files, drawers, boxes of crap, etc. There is no reason to. :smile:

If he were stashing money away for a vacation, I would kiss him on the mouf! :love:

FastCarsSpeed

Come Play at BigWoodys
One thing I have learned from my father and after 1 marriage. SEPERATE Bank accounts. I will never again not have my own personal bank account and Tina has her own. You need a place for money and each other needs to be responsible. Now If I wanna go out and buy her something I dont have to worry about her checking the account and such. She can also do the same with her account its really nice.

Bustem' Down

Give Peas a Chance
FastCarsSpeed said:
One thing I have learned from my father and after 1 marriage. SEPERATE Bank accounts. I will never again not have my own personal bank account and Tina has her own. You need a place for money and each other needs to be responsible. Now If I wanna go out and buy her something I dont have to worry about her checking the account and such. She can also do the same with her account its really nice.
I have a friend who's married and they have three bank accounts. He has his own, she has her own and they have one joint. What he makes he keeps and what she makes shee keeps and they each donate to the joint account to pay bills and groceries.

G

Gemmi

Bustem' Down said:
I have a friend who's married and they have three bank accounts. He has his own, she has her own and they have one joint. What he makes he keeps and what she makes shee keeps and they each donate to the joint account to pay bills and groceries.

That is exactly what we do.And neither of us would even think about going into the other's wallet.

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
K_Jo said:
I don't go through my husband's computer, desk, files, drawers, boxes of crap, etc. There is no reason to. :smile:

If he were stashing money away for a vacation, I would kiss him on the mouf! :love:
:yeahthat:

Hiding money is funny, having a spouse find it and gets upset is even funnier. :lol:

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
Bustem' Down said:
That's too much work. :yawn:

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
Gemmi said:
That is exactly what we do.And neither of us would even think about going into the other's wallet.

This is what we do but if I need money and he's asleep or in the shower or unavailable I will damn well go into his wallet and the opposite is true as well. I do have to say that we are both VERY generous with our "individual" money which makes things very smooth. If I'm out shopping for myself I have no problem picking him up a few things if I know he needs them. I'm the one who does the laundry so I know what he needs more than he does. If I ask him to get something for me while he's out and about somewhere he does without issue. It took a long time for us to get to this point but it's definitely much easier now than it's ever been in the past. It took a lot of trial and error to figure out what system worked for us. :yay:

baileydog

I wanna be a SMIB
bcp said:
WHY,,, WHY? Why must women go through all of the drawers in their husbands desk???
What is it that they think they will find? phone numbers? pictures? letters from the lawyer refrencing that indiscretion that you are being sued for?
Money? do they actually think that the husband would keep money from them?

so she digs through the drawers and just happens to accidently open the envelope that has 900 bucks in it, so now she is pissed because I have been hiding money from her.

I rehid it. all of it. every penny.

Men, we need to start a mens only banking system that will allow us to keep money from our wives so that we too might be able to actaully spend some of what we make.

Shes pissed off even though she is going on vacation with me and the money would benifit her also.

if she were not such a tightwad, I would not have to act in this manner.
she could have a grand in her pocket and she would claim we cant afford to eat a day old cheesburger at McDonalds.

Are you my husband? And what are doing on these forums and not at work?

Ecphora

Enjoying the Beach
A wife/girlfriend should never go through her husband/boyfriends drawers (not the kind you keeep your clothes in anyway lol) nor should he go through hers. Same for purses & wallets unless they have permission.