It's baaaaack!

jimmy

Drunkard
Sounds to me like a largely political maneuver designed to show both sides are in favor of reform that will see to it that that Fla election mess "never happens again".

Obviously, if people can't follow a ballot, the government can't do anything about it so this is a relatively tough claim to make.

The election WAS pretty messy and there's lots of questions etc, (along with allegations of discrimination which I guess should be at least given the benefit of being explored) but for the most part, I really think this should be left alone.

Dubbya is the pres we have and, after this mess, I think people are gonna be a LOT more careful when they hit that ballot come next election...

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Glad to see you're back to making sense again, Jimmy. I was getting scared there for a minute.
:lol:

I think they should investigate this egregious blatant racial discrimination to the fullest extent of the law. I think they should put Alan Dershowitz in charge of it, with Bill Daly closely monitoring him. Barbra Streisand and Alec Baldwin can take a house by house poll and see once and for all who voted for whom. Then, when they get enough votes for Gore, we can kick Bush out of office (along with the fake blacks he's put in cabinet positions and his psychotic Attorney General) and be happy again.

No doubt there are some of you who will read that paragraph and nod your heads in agreement.
:duh:

jimmy

Drunkard
Well, Vrai, not all of it...but I DO have my doubts about Ashcroft...

But yeah. Glad I could finally say something you agreed with. See? I might not always come down on the side you'd expect...;)

Y

yornoc

The following is from the article...

...Other charges, he said, include failing to allow voters with limited proficiency in English to have assistance at the polls and failing to provide bilingual assistance.

If you have to be a citizen to vote, shouldn't proficiency in the language of the country (in this case English) be a prerequisite? How many bilingual/multilingual assistants have to be provided?

This is just ridiculous.

missi1013

Catch Me If You Can!
I agree! If your going to live here, learn to speak english and read english

Of course I can't even spell english words, so what I'm I saying!:confused:

watercolor

yeah yeah
oh goodness!!!!
Give it up already. I mean this is ridiculous!!! Its not going to solve anything. And I thought we were suppose to be sticking together...not fighting against each other! :rolleyes:

How stupid. I can not believe they are doing it again!
And I mean like yornoc said, if you dont understand, how to or cant read the ballot or understand it...then you need to be educated before hand. And the state government in florida should take the inititve to do so...or if Gore is throwing such a tissy still..then he should pay for the education in this department of ignorancy!

whatever...not going any further...I am not going to rile myself up over this crap...cause then you all will get very tired of me very fast...no snide remarks...I better I am boresome already...

bknarw

Attire Monitor
I actually had someone tell me last week that "The Republicans STOLE that election!"
I was incredulous. People are still saying this? Cut me a break!!!

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Originally posted by bknarw
I actually had someone tell me last week that "The Republicans STOLE that election!"

The DNC spent much effort getting that message out there last November through January and there has been no effort to get the truth out following the results found by an army of Journalists combing through the punch cards.

The Post gave it a small blurb at the bottom of page 1 some months ago then buried the meat of the matter 20 pages back under Hechts ads.

The media's role in this Coupled with Americans ADD it's no wo

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Originally posted by bknarw

The DNC spent much effort getting that message out there last November through January and there has been no effort to get the truth out following the results found by an army of Journalists combing through the punch cards.

The Post gave it a small blurb at the bottom of page 1 some months ago then buried the meat of the matter 20 pages back under Hechts ads.

The media's role in this Coupled with Americans ADD it's no wonder most haven't a clue. Democraps being wrong isn't newsworthy! Only those mean ole Republicans!

:cussing:

fuzzyng

Barbra Streisand and Alec Baldwin can take a house by house poll and see once and for all who voted for whom.

Man, just what I want in my yard... a Baldwin...

but serriously... voting will always be inpurfect until they have DNA, Fingerprint, retnal scanned, stool sample incoded voting cards, which are linked via a satallite single emmitting from within the battery of such card... :duh:

nothing is fool proof, including the voting of the ruler of the free world... let it go, peeps... please, for Gore's sake... *L*

B

Bruzilla

I sure will sleep better knowing that the Justice Department is using its resources to beat up on mostly volunteer election officials in Florida because they didn't take into account the lingual abilities of a few people or have wheel chair access at a site or two. Heaven forbid they should go after illegal campaign contributions or having the PROC's Army funding a major political party.