St. Mary's County race for County Commissioner

T

thenic

this election scares me

This next election will be the worst in quite some time for st.marys county. They say the best voter is a informed voter. Since most people dont go to debates and dont go to meet the folks running it will be impossible for them to judge the best choice. St. marys look at your information sources in this great county.

#1. Your local radio stations news department is one guy who doubles as the morning country music deejay. His news is always the same thing, he reads the stuff the police dept.school board , local goverment, ect sends him off the fax machine. His idea of researching a story is walking over to that before mention fax machine. This is also a problem that will never change, with one person running all the radio stations in one area he(roy satan robertson) has no reason to improve because he has nobody to compete with. So cross radio out of the mix for ways to make a informed vote.

#2. The emptyprize, this newspaper(i use this term lightly) has always been writing from the left point of view, and now with the washington post at the controls the only change you will see is even farther to the left.

#3.The rag(st marys today) I dont even have the energy to type out all the things wrong with this paper, but lets just say i have had dinner with the owner and well slimy comes to mind!!!

well folks those are your 3 choices good luck, my advice go talk to each person running for election and make up your own mind!!

charlie

You are right about that. We have no source of reliable info. in St. Mary's County so everyone must go out and meet their candidates and make up their own mind. What a novel idea!

lindamur

by zipcode?

Did you check for your zipcode region. I saw several County Commissioner candidates with their statements filled in... Let me check again. Regards, Linda

lindamur

Commission - District 2

You are right, unfortunately. I was looking at County Commissioner - District 2, which has lots of info filled out. I just expected the other areas to be like that one.

Maybe later on there will be more info in the other. It COULD be a good resource...

Regards,
Linda

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
Re: this election scares me

Originally posted by thenic
#1. Your local radio stations news department is one guy who doubles as the morning country music deejay. His news is always the same thing, he reads the stuff the police dept.school board , local goverment, ect sends him off the fax machine. His idea of researching a story is walking over to that before mention fax machine. This is also a problem that will never change, with one person running all the radio stations in one area he(roy satan robertson) has no reason to improve because he has nobody to compete with. So cross radio out of the mix for ways to make a informed vote.

#2. The emptyprize, this newspaper(i use this term lightly) has always been writing from the left point of view, and now with the washington post at the controls the only change you will see is even farther to the left.

#3.The rag(st marys today) I dont even have the energy to type out all the things wrong with this paper, but lets just say i have had dinner with the owner and well slimy comes to mind!!!

Some of my own thoughts:
1. I don't think that 98 Star/WKIK/WMDM have held onto a reporter for more than a year. Mostly a salary issue, I believe. I do know that 98 Star shouldn't have Heather read the news. Her delivery is all wrong, the same one she uses for the ads.

2. It's weird to hear the Enterprise called a "lefty" paper. I hear so many opposing opinions about it that I can't make up my mind. Depending on who you talk to, the paper is tree-hugging or pro-sprawl, good-ole-boy or newcomer-oriented, sucks up to advertisers or runs local merchants out of business.

3. I've met him too. What color is the sky in his world? The only reason he often gets "scoops" is because his sources know he is out to get certain people.

demsformd

The county commisioner races in St. Mary's are major referendums on the path our county should take. I ask all voters to recall what happened four years ago when an all Republican board failed to do anything but fight amongst themselves. In 1998 we kicked all of them out of office and replaced them with five great leaders who could accomplish things. The opposing candidates may complain about taxes, bloated spending, or increased regulation but none of those have affected us so much that we fail to thrive. The anti-spending candidates will get into office and realize that the budget increases every year because of inflation, because the superintendent needs more money to give our children the best possible education, and the sherriff needs more to bust crime. The anti-spending candidates are merely blowing smoke out their backsides and are acting irresponsibly, impractically, and wrongly. So on election day reelect the entire board.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
What planet do you live on, Dems? I'd hardly call the current set of idiots "five great leaders". You must be Julie Randall in disguise or something.

Toss the whole mess of 'em out on their ear.

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
I can think of one way of saving money in the education budget: Do away with the central office jobs that require a teaching degree, except for the superintendent. Put these supervisors back in the classroom where they're needed. Why should these people be sitting on their butts in the central office? This would mean a one-time savings of about $750,000 per county.