Auto Parts Giant

marianne

:burning:
Ordered wheel bearing hubs from autopartsgiant.com. Took over a week just for them to ship it out. I actually got the parts over two weeks later (two weeks without my truck :drama:). It was the wrong part. Told them the very next day I need to return it and asked them to give me the return authorization code and address. Told them every week for the next two weeks I need to return it. They did not return my e-mails or phone calls. Actually got someone on the phone today who told me they would not accept the return because it's been over 30 days since purchase.

I've got credit card dispute on the line right now. Just wanted to warn folks out there. Stay away! Stay faaar away!

garyt27

INAFJ
AUTO PARTS GIANT, wHY?

Why Would You Order From Them, You Can Get Anything You Want At Haydens Or The Other Place By The Kmart, If They Don't Have It They Can Order It. Then If It's Wrong, Well Take It Back.

Oz

You're all F'in Mad...
garyt27 said:
Why Would You Order From Them, You Can Get Anything You Want At Haydens Or The Other Place By The Kmart, If They Don't Have It They Can Order It. Then If It's Wrong, Well Take It Back.

I think she's in La Plata, but still... Must be a professional auto parts store up there. And I know the chains operate in La Plata too. :confused:

What was the year/make/model of the vehicle that you were trying to get hub bearings for?

marianne

Yeah, there's Auto Zones around here but Auto Parts Giant has significantly better prices. APG was charging $100 less per bearing than Auto Zone and I needed a couple bearings for my Ford so I thought it was worth it to give the online store a try. I figured the chances of having to return the parts were high but that's why I checked into APG return policy and their "estimated" time of delivery before buying the parts. The truck is fixed now, thanks to Martins :yay: . The credit card company was awesome when I spoke with them yesterday.

Dutch6

"Fluffy world destroyer"
marianne said:
Yeah, there's Auto Zones around here but Auto Parts Giant has significantly better prices. APG was charging $100 less per bearing than Auto Zone and I needed a couple bearings for my Ford so I thought it was worth it to give the online store a try. I figured the chances of having to return the parts were high but that's why I checked into APG return policy and their "estimated" time of delivery before buying the parts. The truck is fixed now, thanks to Martins :yay: . The credit card company was awesome when I spoke with them yesterday.
Be careful what you by from Auto Zone. All I've ever gotten from them was sub standard crap. Never again.

Ponytail

Dutch6 said:
Be careful what you by from Auto Zone. All I've ever gotten from them was sub standard crap. Never again.
I agree. About the only thing I buy from them anymore is brake pads and oil. Lifetime warranty stuff they sell is crap. It's not worth my time to repeatedly take same part on/off to return it for another one.

Ive been to Haydens on numerous occasions and they've been really good. I use Napa also. I miss my local independent autoparts store in Philly though.

Lugnut

I'm Rick James #####!
Ponytail said:
I agree. About the only thing I buy from them anymore is brake pads and oil. Lifetime warranty stuff they sell is crap. It's not worth my time to repeatedly take same part on/off to return it for another one.

Ive been to Haydens on numerous occasions and they've been really good. I use Napa also. I miss my local independent autoparts store in Philly though.

:yeahthat:

Haydens and Napa, if they don't have what I want I usually end up at the dealer. :frown:

Seymor (sp?) Auto Parts in Charlotte Hall is great too. In addition to the new parts store on Rt. 5, they also sell used parts at their "recycling" (junk) yard behind the new parts store, across old Rt. 5 (Old Village Rd. I think it's called).