Packing for weekend trips

cdsulhoff

I hate packing for weekend trips.. I feel I pack for a month when I am only leaving for the weekend. My hubby thinks I am crazy because I bring 2 suitcases. One filled with clothes and one for shoes. Am I the only person who goes though this mess. I pack too much only I fear that I will not look right that day in that outfit. I have to be in a certain mood to wear certain clothes.. I need to find others out there that suffer from this same over packing delima.. My hubby thinks I am going crazy and I am packing way too much. :jameo:

Last edited:

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
I used to be like that, but not anymore. In the summer for a weekend, I'll pack a pair of shorts, a pair of jeans, a few casual shirts, and one nice shirt. Two pairs of shoes...the ones on my feet (usually flip flops, they're more comfortable to drive in) and usually a pair of strappy heels in case we go out. In the summer, I replace the shirts with sweaters, the shorts with an extra pair of jeans or slacks and the shoes with sneakers and a pair of boots. :yay:

cdsulhoff

Nickel said:
I used to be like that, but not anymore. In the summer for a weekend, I'll pack a pair of shorts, a pair of jeans, a few casual shirts, and one nice shirt. Two pairs of shoes...the ones on my feet (usually flip flops, they're more comfortable to drive in) and usually a pair of strappy heels in case we go out. In the summer, I replace the shirts with sweaters, the shorts with an extra pair of jeans or slacks and the shoes with sneakers and a pair of boots. :yay:

Oh I wish I can be like that.. Like for my shoes I have packed right now a pair of shoes for each outfit packed.

Oh Help!!!!!! He is making me condense my stuff.. I don't want to..... :jameo: :jameo:

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
cdsulhoff said:
Oh I wish I can be like that.. Like for my shoes I have packed right now a pair of shoes for each outfit packed.

Oh Help!!!!!! He is making me condense my stuff.. I don't want to..... :jameo: :jameo:
:shrug: Choose clothes in the same color palette, that way, one or two pairs of shoes will be fine. I've used this packing method for a few years now, and have never been under/over/inappropriately dressed.

greyhound

cdsulhoff said:
I hate packing for weekend trips.. I feel I pack for a month when I am only leaving for the weekend. My hubby thinks I am crazy because I bring 2 suitcases. One filled with clothes and one for shoes. Am I the only person who goes though this mess. I pack too much only I fear that I will not look right that day in that outfit. I have to be in a certain mood to wear certain clothes.. I need to find others out there that suffer from this same over packing delima.. My hubby thinks I am going crazy and I am packing way too much. :jameo:

I suffer from the same over packing problem. I always want to be prepared, just in case. We might do something casual during the day and then someone will decide to go to a fancy restaurant in the evening. I'm like you...certain outfits I'll pack but I end up not wanting to wear.

Pack as much as you like...It makes you feel in control.

cdsulhoff

Nickel said:
:shrug: Choose clothes in the same color palette, that way, one or two pairs of shoes will be fine. I've used this packing method for a few years now, and have never been under/over/inappropriately dressed.

Okay, I can do this... Hey I should under pack... :evil: I could get my hubby to buy me more clothes this weekend... :evil:
Even when I over pack I usually can't find anything to wear and end up going shopping while on vacation.. However my hubby gets mad.. Oh Well

Lilypad

Nickel said:

WHAT NO CROC's?? :killingme

W

Wenchy

cdsulhoff said:

Nickel mentioned staying in the same color palette.

I wear all black, so packing is always a breeze.

Why make life difficult? It's too short, and we should be dancing. :banana:

cdsulhoff

Wenchy said:
Nickel mentioned staying in the same color palette.

I wear all black, so packing is always a breeze.

Why make life difficult? It's too short, and we should be dancing. :banana:

Love black can't go wrong with black. But I think black would look funny at the beach..

Well I caved in.... I think I can get down to one suitcase... I just need someone to sit on it while I zip it

W

Wenchy

cdsulhoff said:
Love black can't go wrong with black. But I think black would look funny at the beach..

Well I caved in.... I think I can get down to one suitcase... I just need someone to sit on it while I zip it

:shrug: I always wear black at the beach :shrug:

One suitcase is an achievement! :yay:

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
I agree with Nickel and Wenchy. Pack with one color palette in mind. I find blue works well in the summer and black or brown in the winter. For a weekend, 4 shirts, 2 pairs of shorts, 1 pair of slacks, 1 pair of dress shoes, a pair of sandals, and underwear. I can be packed in 5 minutes - no muss, no fuss. :shrug:

cdsulhoff

Wenchy said:
:shrug: I always wear black at the beach :shrug:

One suitcase is an achievement! :yay:

Funny thing is that I look at my bed of the clothes I took out and trying to find a reason of why I need them...
Packing is an event for me.. Well the only black I am wearing is my bathing suit. and I packed my short black shorts. I can dress them up with my wine color corset top and black heels or I can dress it down with a casual shirt. But that is the only black in my suitcase.

cdsulhoff

So my hubby is right, I hate it when he is right. I told him that I am not the only person that packs like that and he said That I am one of a few that do..
He is sitting here reading these posts and laughing at me. Telling me I owe him Because we made a bet that he would be wrong... I hate it when he is right... Great now I owe him...

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
cdsulhoff said:
So my hubby is right, I hate it when he is right. I told him that I am not the only person that packs like that and he said That I am one of a few that do..
He is sitting here reading these posts and laughing at me. Telling me I owe him Because we made a bet that he would be wrong... I hate it when he is right... Great now I owe him...
There are other people like you, it just so happens that the people that have responded so far are not high maintenance. Those girls are busy packing their suitcases. :lol:

cdsulhoff

Nickel said:
There are other people like you, it just so happens that the people that have responded so far are not high maintenance. Those girls are busy packing their suitcases. :lol:

Great I wish they would have posted. Now I have to wear my F Me shoes to bed..... :whack:

Why do I insist on betting my hubby on things when I know I am going to lose... Every darn time... :doh:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
cdsulhoff said:
I confess - I over-pack. But it's because I don't know what we'll be doing on any given day, whether I should have shorts and Ts or nice stuff to go to dinner. So I pretty much bring everything I own.

This time I only took 6 pair of shoes (not counting the two pair I bought while I was there). Gotta match :shrug:

W

Wenchy

cdsulhoff said:
Funny thing is that I look at my bed of the clothes I took out and trying to find a reason of why I need them...
Packing is an event for me.. Well the only black I am wearing is my bathing suit. and I packed my short black shorts. I can dress them up with my wine color corset top and black heels or I can dress it down with a casual shirt. But that is the only black in my suitcase.

Keep the bottoms all black, and take along colored tops. Match the shoes to the bottoms, and life is simple.

Never forget the vintage Levi's jacket...denim works wherever you are (even at a wedding, after enough cocktails) and with any color palette.

Have a great weekend!

SEABREEZE 1957

My 401K is now a 201K
Have to agree with the black thang..for a weekend, mix in a little white; (not sure where you are going or the social events to ensue)

• 1 Black/Navy Blue Jacket
  • 2 pairs of Jeans ( 1 black, 1 blue)
  • 1 pair of 'khaki' type pants
  • 4 knit tops (2 bright, happy colors, 1 black, 1 navy blue)
    • 2 sleeveless
    • 2 with sleeves
  • 3 pairs of shorts (matching pallet to the others, khaki, denim, black)
  • 1 pair of black heels
  • 1 pair of sandles (brown/black)
  • 1 pair of light flip-flops *or whatever yor call them*
  • 1 pair of tennis shoes
  • 1 lightweight summer sweater (black, white)
  • 1 T-shirt ( I always buy one)
  • 2 bathing suits
  • 1 nice outfit with 3 pcs. so that you can mix & match.. pants/skirt/
  • 1 light weight dress that could go from day to eve with a shawl perhaps... (black, kewl print or white)
  • 1 nice shawl/cover up type thingy....
That's really not too much to pack...of course one of the outfits you would be wearing to the destination.:killingme