This has GOT to be the ugliest car

Pandora

I’ve ever seen. Ick

This article is 2 years old, and at that time, they discuss the price and the over all strangeness of the vehicle.

The Smart ForTwo will launch in major metropolitan areas across the US in ’08 and priced under $15,000. It gets 40 MPG.

Would you buy one? :killingme

Mikeinsmd

When gas is $5-6.00 per gallon, you'll see them everywhere here too. :lol:

No way I'd pay $15K for THAT! 40 mpg isn't that great. Better looking hybrids are getting that now.

Angel

~*~*~
Mikeinsmd said:
When gas is $5-6.00 per gallon, you'll see them everywhere here too. :lol:

No way I'd pay $15K for THAT! 40 mpg isn't that great. Better looking hybrids are getting that now.
Are you kidding me? 40 mgp is great! My fucus get's 32 mpg, so I'm good. I use to think the Ford Focus was ugly, but between my Sister-N-Law raving about hers and the rental Focus I had for 6 months (thanks to my previous POS Car), I fell in love with them. It's nice only having to fill the tank once every two weeks. It's also nice laughing at all the people who thought they were cool buying an SUV they didn't need, but are now #####ing about filling the tank.

Mikeinsmd

Angel said:
Are you kidding me? 40 mgp is great! My fucus get's 32 mpg, so I'm good. I use to think the Ford Focus was ugly, but between my Sister-N-Law raving about hers and the rental Focus I had for 6 months (thanks to my previous POS Car), I fell in love with them. It's nice only having to fill the tank once every two weeks. It's also nice laughing at all the people who thought they were cool buying an SUV they didn't need, but are now #####ing about filling the tank.
Well of course 40 mpg is good but not for a lil $15K POS like that. :lol:

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
I don't think I'd even fit in that car. :ohwell:

:howdy: I have an SUV that we use for SUV purposes all the time (hauling lots of stuff/people/animals). But you'll never hear me griping about the price of gas. :biggrin:

Angel

~*~*~
Mikeinsmd said:
Well of course 40 mpg is good but not for a lil $15K POS like that. :lol:
I do agree. :bowingdown: It reminds me of the Clown Car at the Circus. I wonder how many forumites we can fit in one of those? :lmao:

K_Jo

Pea Brain
PREMO Member
Pandora said:
I’ve ever seen. Ick

This article is 2 years old, and at that time, they discuss the price and the over all strangeness of the vehicle.

The Smart ForTwo will launch in major metropolitan areas across the US in ’08 and priced under $15,000. It gets 40 MPG.

I think it's cute. But I don't know how I'd take the cats to the vet.

Christy

b*tch rocket
Pandora said:
I’ve ever seen. Ick

I would. :yay: I think they're cute. They are all over the place in Italy and can fit anywhere.

There is one cruising around Calvert County every now and then. Just saw it last week. It's cute, but I can only assume it isn't that safe due to size. I haven't read up on the car yet. But I'd get a mini-cooper if I didn't have kids! :yay:

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Pandora said:
I’ve ever seen. Ick

I saw footage where they ran that car into a concrete wall at SEVENTY miles an hour.. figuring.. "This car is soooo going to disintegrate."

It didn't.. as a matter of fact the ENTIRE passenger compartment was untouched, and when the cameras were in the car it was hard to see any damage.. outside of the car was GONE..

Which one of us would be willing to run their car into a concrete wall at seventy to see how well you can withstand the impact??

I was VERY impressed, and for the money HELL yes. I'd buy my kid one of those before I bought them the death trap they call a Neon.

itsbob said:
I saw footage where they ran that car into a concrete wall at SEVENTY miles an hour.. figuring.. "This car is soooo going to disintegrate."

It didn't.. as a matter of fact the ENTIRE passenger compartment was untouched, and when the cameras were in the car it was hard to see any damage.. outside of the car was GONE..

Which one of us would be willing to run their car into a concrete wall at seventy to see how well you can withstand the impact??

I was VERY impressed, and for the money HELL yes. I'd buy my kid one of those before I bought them the death trap they call a Neon.

Good to know! I'll have to search for that footage. Would love to see it!

Christy

b*tch rocket
CableChick said:
There is one cruising around Calvert County every now and then. Just saw it last week. It's cute, but I can only assume it isn't that safe due to size. I haven't read up on the car yet. But I'd get a mini-cooper if I didn't have kids! :yay:

I totally want a MINI. I'm just waiting until my youngest can ride up front. I can't imagine anyone fairing well in the backseat of a MINI if it were rear ended.