Hair color help

FancyBelle

I'm 2 old 2 die young!
OK, like Wenchy, I got tired of the brown and wanted to cover my gray so I too went Spicy Salsa. It's just way too red for me. How soon do I have to wait until I can color again with a brown? I want to do it tomorrow.

crabcake

But wait, there's more...
When I went red my last color go-around, it was a little too red for me the first couple days, but after a few washes, it toned down and was beautiful ... especially after I added the highlights. :yay:

Try washing it for a few days with a normal (not 'for-color') shampoo and conditioner; that'll help relax the color a bit. It's safer than trying to strip and recolor it so soon and overprocessing it. :ohwell:

Agreed with CC, I can color my hair bright red and it will be out by the end of the week, my hair doesn't hold the color well at all. I was told that unless you have some red already, the color red doesn't usually "cling" to the hair and is quick to fade for most people. Not sure if it is true for everyone, but I know that it is definitely true for me.

crabcake

But wait, there's more...
teverheart2002 said:
I was told that unless you have some red already, the color red doesn't usually "cling" to the hair and is quick to fade for most people. Not sure if it is true for everyone, but I know that it is definitely true for me.

It is true, according to most colorists/hairdressers I've talked to. I have some natural red highlights in my hair, and the deposited red still fades pretty fast.

FancyBelle

I'm 2 old 2 die young!
OK, thanks, I'll give it a few days. Man, I appreciate your help. I was going to change it back tomorrow morning. Probably end up bald. Hubby didn't even notice it this afternoon when he came in, so maybe it's not as bad as I think. I may post a pic, if I can take one that makes me look skinny. :lol:

Mikeinsmd

Attachments

• red-hair-small.jpg
    red-hair-small.jpg
    6.4 KB · Views: 120

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
FancyBelle said:
OK, like Wenchy, I got tired of the brown and wanted to cover my gray so I too went Spicy Salsa. It's just way too red for me. How soon do I have to wait until I can color again with a brown? I want to do it tomorrow.
I am so coming over to your office to see your hair on Tuesday, which is when whatshisname will get his keys.....Sorry about the delay on the keys.

W

Wenchy

Mikeinsmd said:
She's gonna be mad but y'all gotta see this.... :killingme

:shrug: She looks skinny :shrug:

:buttkick:

Last edited by a moderator:
W

Wenchy

FancyBelle said:
OK, thanks, I'll give it a few days. Man, I appreciate your help. I was going to change it back tomorrow morning. Probably end up bald. Hubby didn't even notice it this afternoon when he came in, so maybe it's not as bad as I think. I may post a pic, if I can take one that makes me look skinny. :lol:

My DH didn't notice mine the first night, but did the next morning. Men...:rolleyes:

I am having to condition my hair, which I never did before, but I'm getting used to it, and my hair feels/looks very healthy.

FancyBelle

I'm 2 old 2 die young!
Wenchy said:
My DH didn't notice mine the first night, but did the next morning. Men...:rolleyes:

I am having to condition my hair, which I never did before, but I'm getting used to it, and my hair feels/looks very healthy.

I only left it on for 15 minutes! :jameo: That's why I was so tramatized by the color. I may just leave it, have to see what the work people say.
BS Gal, come over on Monday morning before you go to the office. Call me and I'll let you in the building.
Mike, you're right! I am going to kill you, :smack: you dog! :war:

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
FancyBelle said:
I only left it on for 15 minutes! :jameo: That's why I was so tramatized by the color. I may just leave it, have to see what the work people say.
BS Gal, come over on Monday morning before you go to the office. Call me and I'll let you in the building.
Mike, you're right! I am going to kill you, :smack: you dog! :war:
Did you use the color "cinnaberry?" I did that once. It wasn't even a color anyone had ever seen before.

Yeah, like I have time to come over in the a.m. before I go to work. I'm lucky if I arrive on time as it is. I may be on the bike tomorrow anyway. I can scoot over at lunch.

W

Wenchy

BS Gal said:
Did you use the color "cinnaberry?" I did that once. It wasn't even a color anyone had ever seen before.

BS Gal? "Spicy Salsa", and she is now my twin. :smack:

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
Wenchy said:
I guess I should have re-read that. I like the color of your hair. I'll have to give that a try. I'm ready for a change.

FancyBelle

I'm 2 old 2 die young!
Wenchy said:
Wenchy, mine turned orange like a carrot. Yours didn't look like that in your pic. I just wanted red highlights.

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
FancyBelle said:
Wenchy, mine turned orange like a carrot. Yours didn't look like that in your pic. I just wanted red highlights.
In my opinion, that's worth taking a week of sick leave until it tones down. Now I HAVE to come over. Promise I won't chuckle. :whistle: