Ied

Lilypad

Behaving badly has disorder to call its own....

When researchers announced that 16 million Americans who fly into occasional fits of unwarranted rage may suffer from a mental illness called "intermittent explosive disorder," the diagnosis drew its share of hoots and howls.

Gee this will come in handy here! :killingme

Toxick

Splat
Lilypad said:
When researchers announced that 16 million Americans who fly into occasional fits of unwarranted rage may suffer from a mental illness called "intermittent explosive disorder," the diagnosis drew its share of hoots and howls.

Most of us just call it a "short temper" and simply accept it as a natural part of someone's personality.

On the other hand, I've noticed that those people with the shortest tempers, also have the shortest cooling-off periods.

I've known people who, if you finally piss them off, will remain pissed off for days, and will hold a grudge for weeks or years. I've also known people who shout or rave over much smaller things, but 2 minutes later, it's forgotten and I've never known one to hold a grudge.

I've also noticed that people who boil over quickly usually remain relatively calm during emergencies, and intense situations.

Beware the fury of the patient man.

It's not that I favor people with short tempers - but I think that calling it a "disorder" or a "syndrome" is a bit much.

Coaster

Lilypad said:
Behaving badly has disorder to call its own....

Chalk up most red you get to 'IED'.