Hey Jeep People

Tinkerbell

Baby blues
When you have your Jeep's top off/partially off, do you ever have a problem with road debris or people throwing stuff out of their cars landing in your Jeep? :smile:

Magnum

Should be Huntin
Tinkerbell said:
When you have your Jeep's top off/partially off, do you ever have a problem with road debris or people throwing stuff out of their cars landing in your Jeep? :smile:
I never had that problem in my old Jeep. Just stupid Pot heads at school thought it was a party place. I had the top and doors off and found 3 guys smoking in it.

I did however have a dang routy squirrel playing in a tree yesterday break a big 'ol rotten tree branch. I always wondered what were the odds of hitting a tree as it fell on a road, well I did one better. Dang branch came down and smashed right into the grill of my Blazer... A few self tapping screws and a hammer and it's good as new.

Tinkerbell said:

Not people throwing stuff outta their cars, but I will sometimes park it at night and mysteriously have a few pieces of trash in it the next morning. :shrug: Just a tradeoff for having the coolest vehicles around I guess.

PrepH4U

Tinkerbell said:
oh that's a great idea!! Thanks! Now we have a new game for our road trip!

Tinkerbell

Baby blues
PrepH4U said:
oh that's a great idea!! Thanks! Now we have a new game for our road trip!

:smack: You're bad! :lmao:

The reason I'm asking is because I really love Jeep's (always have) and want to get one, but I have two kids (ages 12 and 5) and I'm not sure about them riding around in it with the top off. I can't recall ever seeing a Jeep with kids in the back (or car seats, etc.). In fact, I don't think I ever see convertibles with kids in them either. I just want to be a good mommy. :smile:

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
Used to have a CJ7. Never had a problem with trash.
I had speakers mounted on the rear fender wells and I had a bird crap in one of them :ohwell:

Magnum

Should be Huntin
aps45819 said:
Used to have a CJ7. Never had a problem with trash.
I had speakers mounted on the rear fender wells and I had a bird crap in one of them :ohwell:
I was 13 riding in my cousins jeep, first time ever in a Jeep so I decided to stand up going 55. Dang Bird crapped and smacked me right in the forehead. Left a big red spot. :lmao:

GeezLouise

tired and content....
Magnum said:
I was 13 riding in my cousins jeep, first time ever in a Jeep so I decided to stand up going 55. Dang Bird crapped and smacked me right in the forehead. Left a big red spot. :lmao:

:killingme

:huggy:

Tinkerbell

Baby blues
Magnum said:

:shocking: :lmao: That's funny! My oldest would freak!

Magnum

Should be Huntin
Tinkerbell said:
:shocking: :lmao: That's funny! My oldest would freak!
I used to mess with people when I had my Jeep. I told a friend to ride on the roll bar, I was going like 5 mph and slammed the brakes, he fell between the seat and dash and got stuck :lmao: :lmao: Another time I had 4 guys in the back seat 4 wheeling and they kept picking on me for babying my Jeep. So I hit a dirbike jump, tossed two guys out of the back and broke a motor mount.

Ahh the good 'ol days..... I miss my Jeeps

01mds10

i see no problem with kids riding in a jeep. hell i've seen a few kids in jeeps, looked pretty young witht he top and doors off.

01mds10

Magnum said:
I used to mess with people when I had my Jeep. I told a friend to ride on the roll bar, I was going like 5 mph and slammed the brakes, he fell between the seat and dash and got stuck :lmao: :lmao: Another time I had 4 guys in the back seat 4 wheeling and they kept picking on me for babying my Jeep. So I hit a dirbike jump, tossed two guys out of the back and broke a motor mount.

Ahh the good 'ol days..... I miss my Jeeps

my brother use to do the same thing with his jeep, he had an old 88 yj. it was a nice jeep, really had a good time with that thing. except he never babied it through trails. i took my jimmy offroading and my friends were givin me a hardtime for takin it slow so i sped up and hit a bump for them they all bounced up and his there head on the roof. :lmao:

Magnum

Should be Huntin
01mds10 said:
i see no problem with kids riding in a jeep. hell i've seen a few kids in jeeps, looked pretty young witht he top and doors off.
Thats the only way to ride. I bought a Cherokee when I was 15, saved up from working a couple summers. When I was 17 I traded that in on a 93 Wrangler. Put a 3" lift on it, stainless everything, winch, rims tires. I had that Jeep set up nice. After a couple deep mud holes and 5 transmissions later I traded it for a 92 Ramcharger.

I few years ago I traded my old 4 wheeler for an 89 wrangler. I never made that one all fancy looking, got ride of it after a year.
I want to get another one but I already have 5 vehicles and can't decide which one to get rid of.

Magnum

Should be Huntin
01mds10 said:
my brother use to do the same thing with his jeep, he had an old 88 yj. it was a nice jeep, really had a good time with that thing. except he never babied it through trails. i took my jimmy offroading and my friends were givin me a hardtime for takin it slow so i sped up and hit a bump for them they all bounced up and his there head on the roof. :lmao:
My friends used to fly down the trails, I enjoyed taking my time and not screwing up my only vehicle at the time

Tinkerbell

Baby blues
Back when I was in high school (many years ago) my best friend had a CJ7 - don't know what year. He NEVER had the top on, it seemed like. And I fell in love - with his Jeep - not him!! :lmao: I've wanted a Jeep ever since. But with kids, I need a 4-door -- well... this fall Jeep is brining out the 4-door Wrangler :yahoo: I know alot of Jeep people think it's blasphemy to have 4 doors on a Wrangler - but I REALLY want one and I need 4-doors - so please don't yell at me too much! :flowers:

01mds10

Magnum said:
My friends used to fly down the trails, I enjoyed taking my time and not screwing up my only vehicle at the time

yeah i enjoy takingmy time, hell you get more muddy taking your time, and we can go back through it many times, where all the people going fast will make it once and they will be fixing something
i love going off roading, i take my jimmy everyonce in a while, but with it being my daily driver, taht i must rely on, i've stopped.
i wish my brother never got rid of his wrangler, had a 3 inch suspension, 33inch tires and a 3 inch body lift. hard top to.
if i had the time and money for another project i'd build me a offroad toy, but i have one project and thats enough for me

Tinkerbell said:
Back when I was in high school (many years ago) my best friend had a CJ7 - don't know what year. He NEVER had the top on, it seemed like. And I fell in love - with his Jeep - not him!! :lmao: I've wanted a Jeep ever since. But with kids, I need a 4-door -- well... this fall Jeep is brining out the 4-door Wrangler :yahoo: I know alot of Jeep people think it's blasphemy to have 4 doors on a Wrangler - but I REALLY want one and I need 4-doors - so please don't yell at me too much! :flowers:

None of us will wave to you.

sapphirewillow

Being Who I Wanna Be!
3 years in a Wrangler and never had anything thrown into my Jeep on the road. However I have had a bird fly thru one door and out the other.(lowspeed drive in neighborhood).
One thing to think about though..........The first time I drove through Lexington Park.....Alone...........At night......with the top and doors off.....You realize real fast how vaunerable you are. I went strait home and mounted a doubleedge bootknife to the side of my driverseat, where it remained until the day I sold it.
Jeeps are wonderful vehicles, but do take alot of energy.
If you get one..........Enjoy!

W

WildHorses

Tinkerbell said:
:smack: You're bad! :lmao:

The reason I'm asking is because I really love Jeep's (always have) and want to get one, but I have two kids (ages 12 and 5) and I'm not sure about them riding around in it with the top off. I can't recall ever seeing a Jeep with kids in the back (or car seats, etc.). In fact, I don't think I ever see convertibles with kids in them either. I just want to be a good mommy. :smile:

We have a 9 year old who loves to ride in the Wrangler with the top down. She rides in both the back and front seat -- don't forget to turn the airbag off when they ride in the front seat. :flowers: I've never had anything thrown in it, but if I leave the top down at night I have two cats who love to sleep in the front seats. :lmao:

Magnum

Should be Huntin
01mds10 said:
yeah i enjoy takingmy time, hell you get more muddy taking your time, and we can go back through it many times, where all the people going fast will make it once and they will be fixing something
i love going off roading, i take my jimmy everyonce in a while, but with it being my daily driver, taht i must rely on, i've stopped.
i wish my brother never got rid of his wrangler, had a 3 inch suspension, 33inch tires and a 3 inch body lift. hard top to.
if i had the time and money for another project i'd build me a offroad toy, but i have one project and thats enough for me
I have a K5 Blazer that I've built up. It has a 350 motor out of a 71 Vette, Had the trans and transfer case totally rebuilt, beefed up with everything that would fit, 4.56 gears. locker, beefed up rear axle shafts, 7 inches of lift, 38" Super Swampers and a Dixie Horn.

Wanna buy it???