Looking for an OB

mother

I have had 2 CS and am looking for a doctor who would support a vaginal birth after multiple Cesareans.

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
Are you in Calvert, St. Mary's or Charles?  I think most OB's will support a vaginal delivery.  I know many women who have gone with a vaginal delivery after a c-section.  I think it depends on the reason for the c-section.  The OB's in Calvert are very busy.  I'm past my childbearing years (but no too far past, :wink:) so waiting in busy OB's offices isn't appealing to me.  There are some good ones in Calvert, though.

mother

I am in St. Mary's, south of the NAS.  I had my last C/S at St. Mary's hospital and was happy with the experience, but don't think my OB is up for a VBA2C.

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
With liability issues being what they are, I think doctor's opt for the easy way out.  C-Sections are harder on the mother and baby and are generally harder to recover from.  Maybe some of the St. Mary's women can pass on some advice to you.  Good luck.  

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Dr. Joyce Neal delivered my daughter (vag) and my sister's daughter (CS).  I have had other friends that have gone to her as well.  I think she is great!  She has offices located in Leonardtown and Charlotte Hall.

Dr. Joyce Neal is great.  She delivered my last son in June of last year.  I had some trouble with my asthma during my pregnancy and she comfort me very well with my primary just left me suffering.    I had a VB and he weighed 9lbs. 7.5oz.  Do not go to Mulford, Bowes, Windham, & Wills.  My cousin went to them for her first pregnancy and had her baby at 28 weeks in which could of been prevented.  She almost died too because she almost bleed to death.  They didn't take necessary precautions and the bad thing is they new it and didn't tell her.  She goes to Neal now and has carried her baby almost full term.  She is due in May.  Thanks to her she is able to.  
There is another lady that works with Dr. Neal to and she is wonderful.  She has had kids so she can relate.
Hope that this helps you out.

Gunn317

Not to be bashing on Dr. Neal, but we had a rather bad experience with her and steered clear from then on. Seems she has a bit of trouble handling crisis situations.

Dr. Estes at Calvert now is great. My wife loved her, after being recommended from numerous others.

sunny

I too wanted to try vaginal delivery after 2 c-secs. my ob/gyn did not agree, (this was 15 years ago) so I found Dr.Chaudry in P.G.Co. a drive to get to but at least he was encouraging or so I thought he was. I was due middle of Dec. by Dec.27th I still had not delivered so Doc scheduled a c-sec. when I asked if we could wait to go into labor naturally he completely changed from encouraging to make me feel like I was a burden. The c-sec at P.G.Hospital was a nightmare,  the anesteologists(both women) while prepping me for a epidural were cutting my doc down saying how much they hated him, when the one women bent down by my face I could smell alcohol! NO KIDDING!, I told them to stop they were putting in the epidural needle, they said not to move or I would paralyze myself! I was so scared, my doc walks in and starts to argue with these women, saying he requested that they not be his anesteologists, here I am prepped for surgery, for the birth of a CHILD! and there is a full blown argument going on around me while I am strapped out like Jesus on the cross in a freezing cold operating room, I started telling doc to get me out of there, crying that he not perform this surgery, I swear if I could have I would have ripped out my ivs and walked out of there, my hubby comes in I am a mess scared and crying he tells doc to stop, doc finally calms down, calms hubby down who in turn talks me into agreeing to proceed. I gave birth to a healthy baby boy, thank god! I never went back to Dr.Chaudry, not even for my check up. 3 years later I started having horrible pain 2X's a month, once when I ovulated and once when my period started, so  I decide to find an gyn close to home,  I went to Dr.Bowes,  for 6 months straight, twice a month I was going to his office in horrible pain on my right side, on the 12th time he told me the only reason I was coming to see him was to get pain medication! I went home in tears, women know when something is wrong with their bodies but Dr.Bowes wouldn't listen, the same day when hubby got home he marched me right back up to Bowes office telling him to re-examine me that something was wrong(during these 6 months not once did Dr.Bowes order a sonogram!) so Bowes examines me and says "well yeah maybe I do feel something on the right side" within 48hours I was at the Columbia Hospital for Women in D.C. having an orange sized cyst removed from my right ovary. The doc there said that was the reason for the extreme pain when I ovulated and started my period because it was on my ovary. So even though I cannot reccomend a ob this should help you in knowing which ones NOT to go to. GOOD LUCK, the birth of a child should be a wonderful experience.

alex

I did not like Dr. Neal.  I setup a new patient appointment 2 months in advance.  When I got there I had to wait 2 hours while all the pregnant patients where seen first.  Then I was given a rush exam, etc.  She kept trying to put me on birth control to regulate my periods and I kept telling her that such medication causes my blood pressure to rise.  Then she prescribe another drug that she said would not raisemy BP.  When I got the prescription filled I asked the pharmacist who said that the drug could raise my BP.  Needless to say I did not take the drugs and have not been back to her.

Luckily I am past wanting to have children and my GP does my annual GYN exam for me.  However, if I need a GYN it would be a hard find in Southern MD.  Unless you are pregnant, most doctors down here just rush you through the exam because you don't make any money for them.

Cheetah

Calvert OB/GYN

Thought I'd bring this topic up again....Any recommendations for an OB/GYN in Calvert, preferably near Prince Frederick? We're planning for our first child, and wanted to line up a good doctor.

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
Re: Calvert OB/GYN

Originally posted by Cheetah
Thought I'd bring this topic up again....Any recommendations for an OB/GYN in Calvert, preferably near Prince Frederick? We're planning for our first child, and wanted to line up a good doctor.

My wife gives high marks to Dr. Frank Sbrocco. His main office is right next to Calvert Memorial. He explains everything in plain language and answers all of our questions. Perfect for a nervous first-time mother (and nervous first-time father, too).

G

giggles04

Originally posted by RoseRed
Dr. Joyce Neal delivered my daughter (vag) and my sister's daughter (CS).  I have had other friends that have gone to her as well.  I think she is great!  She has offices located in Leonardtown and Charlotte Hall.

Love Dr. Neal and the otber Dr in there with her. They're both very nice

watercolor

yeah yeah
Originally posted by RoseRed

Dr. Neal is great. She is my OB, and I am very comfortable talking with her. :smile: Although...I have not had any kids yet ....but will be going there soon...if you want I can check on some things for ya :smile:

Oz

You're all F'in Mad...
Oops! Time to get my glasses fixed. I thought that said QB, and you were going to do an analysis of Spurrier's Quarterback situation... Testosterone working a little overtime for me, I think...

nikisonny

Dr. Strider is WONDERFUL

Dr. Strider is an OB/GYN in Calvert. His office is connected to the hospital. He has delivered both of my children (C/S). I cannot say enough good things about him. He has a wonderful bedside manner. Only bad thing is - he is very busy - but they should be able to get you in fairly soon if you are an OB patient. He can get long winded sometimes (telling jokes) - but, that's really not so bad. He definately makes you feel comfortable. Good luck.

Yes, Dr. Strider is my doctor and I have referred friends to him. He was wonderfully compassionate and supportive.

Everyone I know who sees him is very happy with him, even though it means sometimes waiting for your appointment. I just always planned my appointments at the end of the day, with nothing to rush to afterwards. On the other hand, he never rushes you out and makes sure you understand everything he tells you.

He is very personable and made quick friends with my husband, which meant a lot to me.

red

i don't like dr. strider. i wish he'd just shut up so i can be on my way. i have better things to do than listen to his war stories.