Does all bottled water...

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
BuddyLee said:
...contain fluoride?

B calls me a water snob because I won't drink tap water and I buy the kids the flavored bottled water at the grocery store and myself either Figi water or Iclandic water. :jameo:

BuddyLee

Football addict
pixiegirl said:
B calls me a water snob because I won't drink tap water and I buy the kids the flavored bottled water at the grocery store and myself either Figi water or Iclandic water. :jameo:
The dentist said I should lay off the soda's and focus more on water because it has fluoride in it. However, I don't see it in the ingredients label.:lol:

morganj614

BuddyLee said:
The dentist said I should lay off the soda's and focus more on water because it has fluoride in it. However, I don't see it in the ingredients label.:lol:

BL, from my dentists office....the well water south of Hermanville and all the way to the Point has alot of flouride in it. I can't remember how many ppm's it has so just drink your tap water.

Lilypad

The growing bottled water industry claims that bottled water is safer, purer, mineral-free, and better tasting, and that may be true in some cases. But most bottled waters also lack fluoride. Fluoridated bottled water is one exception-it can sometimes be found in the baby-food aisle at the grocery store, usually labeled as baby water or nursery water.
The vast bulk of bottled water sold is simply re-processed municipal water. Both Aquafina from Pepsi-Cola Company and Dasani from The Coca-Cola Company are reprocessed municipal water systems. :dead:
When in doubt-check the label.

BuddyLee

Football addict
morganj614 said:
BL, from my dentists office....the well water south of Hermanville and all the way to the Point has alot of flouride in it. I can't remember how many ppm's it has so just drink your tap water.
:noted:

jwwb2000

pretty black roses
morganj614 said:

My tap water is yucky! I will stick to the filtered water from the fridge.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
morganj614 said:
Unless it occurs naturally in my well.. how are they getting it here??

OH, and "alot" is two words.. a lot.. unless you want to start an "allot"ment to NAABC..

itsbob

I bowl overhand
BuddyLee said:
So why didn't he prescribe fluoride drops??

BuddyLee

Football addict
itsbob said:
So why didn't he prescribe fluoride drops??
I think the point was to get me off the soda's which help contribute to the decay and to get me drinking some type of water. She said most types of water contain fluoride.:shrug:

I didn't know there was such a thing as fluoride drops. Are these over the counter?

itsbob

I bowl overhand
BuddyLee said:
I think the point was to get me off the soda's which help contribute to the decay and to get me drinking some type of water. She said most types of water contain fluoride.:shrug:

I didn't know there was such a thing as fluoride drops. Are these over the counter?
Dentist presribed them for my youngest daughter a few years back.. I lived in a Granola Eater state at the time, and the local water supply was not fluoridated, so her teeth were not doing well.

BuddyLee

Football addict
itsbob said:
Dentist presribed them for my youngest daughter a few years back.. I lived in a Granola Eater state at the time, and the local water supply was not fluoridated, so her teeth were not doing well.
I'll be sure to ask her about these at my next visit.

Thank ya' Sir Bob.

K

Kain99

Buddy is to old for flouride treatments but the dentist can most defitely prescribe it.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
BuddyLee said:
I'll be sure to ask her about these at my next visit.

Thank ya' Sir Bob.
I'd still cut back on the soda if you could, up the water intake too..

I get a lot of comments from dentists about how hard my teeth are to drill, they connect it to me living my life on Army bases when I was younger.. They (military in general) were the first to start using fluoride in their drinking water.

Lilypad

87% of West Virginians drink fluoridated water; yet, they are the most toothless in the country.
Utah, where only 2.8% of water supplies are fluoridated, residents lose the fewest teeth in the country due to decay and gum disease.
The CDC states that fluoridated water saves from $7 to $42 in dental care for every fluoridation dollar spent. However, after decades of water fluoridation, virtually all Americans consume a fluoridated food and/or water supply. Yet, "dental spending outpaces economic growth, continuing a trend," reports the American Dental Association.
Where is the proof in the form clinical trials that shows that the beneficial effects of ingesting water treated with fluoride?
IMHO-it's hype!