bad back

just.me

My dad has evidently pulled a muscle in his back. A trip to the ER got him a shot and some prescriptions...He was feeling better but it is really bothering him again today. He is trying to not use the pain medicine. Does anyone have any advice?

K_Jo

Pea Brain
PREMO Member
just.me said:
My dad has evidently pulled a muscle in his back. A trip to the ER got him a shot and some prescriptions...He was feeling better but it is really bothering him again today. He is trying to not use the pain medicine. Does anyone have any advice?
Heat? :shrug:

just.me said:
Have him use the pain medicine. Taking the pain meds will allow him to use his back more which will help in the stretching and healing process. It is my understanding that letting the back stiffen up thus not using the muslcles correctly is the worst thing you can do for a pulled back. :dead:

K_Jo

Pea Brain
PREMO Member
kwillia said:
Have him use the pain medicine. Taking the pain meds will allow him to use his back more which will help in the stretching and healing process. It is my understanding that letting the back stiffen up thus not using the muslcles correctly is the worst thing you can do for a pulled back. :dead:
:huggy: I feel safe knowing you're here. :smile:

just.me

kwillia said:

I am gonna use your words to try to explain it to him....the stubborn old coot. Thanks.

Lilypad

just.me said:
What part of his back did he pull a muscle-lumbar or thoracic? That's usually where most muscle pulls are.
Sorry to hear about this-treatment options range from basic rest, ice or heat and gradually resuming activity to medication, exercise, physical therapy, chiropractic treatment, acupuncture and surgery.

K_Jo

Pea Brain
PREMO Member
jazz lady said:
Better check out her favorite seafood recipe first before you commit to this. :dead:
:lmao: When I saw the main ingredient is tuna, I didn't bother to click on it. :roflmao:

K_Jo

Pea Brain
PREMO Member
kwillia said:
That is the only seafood I eat. And it has to be Starkist.... in the blue foil packet. :ohwell:
That's the only tuna I'll eat, so we're still like soul-mates! :huggy: