Bad dogs

A

angelphish

All this bad rep. on pit bulls. Doesn't anybody remember the story not long ago about the dachsound that bit through the playpen, dragged the infant out and mawled it.

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
Re: Re: Bad dogs

Originally posted by cariblue
Yes we do. It was mentioned it the Pit Bill thread.

How often do you hear of a weiner dog mauling anyone or taking a life?

Actually I have personally seen more human agressive "weiner" dogs then Pit Bulls. And I've been exposed to plenty of both being a vet tech.

A

angelphish

I was just looking at college of southern maryland on-line. I was thinking of taking the vet assis. course. Is there much need of them around here.

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
Originally posted by angelphish
I was just looking at college of southern maryland on-line. I was thinking of taking the vet assis. course. Is there much need of them around here.

No need, don't waste your money. MD doesn't require any formal training to be a vet tech. I had all OTJ training.

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
Re: Re: Re: Re: Bad dogs

Originally posted by cariblue
With all due respect pixie, I'm sure you have a lot more experience with animals than I do, my point was not "human aggression", it was mauling and killing, and what is reported. I have seen one report of the dachsund, and many reports about Pit Bulls.

I'm not saying that all Pits are bad, never have. My take on it is I have a pretty good chance of walking away from a small dog "attack" than a large dog "attack".

Well you're not a prime target for a dog attack. Small children are. I have been bitten by a few dogs. A standard size dachsund, a cocker spaniel, a couple mutts and a german shepherd. The shepherd was the worst but the dachsund was a close second and drew blood. The gsd got my arm and the dach. got my hand. Yes, you have a better chance of walking away from a small dog then any large dog. Personally I'd rather be bitten by a pit bull then something the size of a st. bernard.

In recent months I have seen reports of a dachsund attack, a pomeranian attack and a pit bull attack. Both the pom and the dach were unprovoked attacks on sleeping infants. The article on the pit attack was questionable to exact circumstances at best.

A

angelphish

I quit walking my two dogs (shepard/ridgeback and lab/pyrenees) because on three separate occations we were attacked by tiny dogs.

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
I quit walking my two dogs (shepard/ridgeback and lab/pyrenees) because on three separate occations we were attacked by tiny dogs.

I never had the problem with any dogs attacking my dogs and I when I walked them. But when I was in high school I was walking from my car up my friends driveway when her neighbor's cocker spaniel (not next door either, 3 houses down) came running over and latched onto my ankle. Luckily for me I had on my trusty doc martens and it couldn't get a good grasp. To this day that's the only animal I have ever raised a hand (well foot) to.

J

justhangn

Originally posted by pixiegirl
I never had the problem with any dogs attacking my dogs and I when I walked them. But when I was in high school I was walking from my car up my friends driveway when her neighbor's cocker spaniel (not next door either, 3 houses down) came running over and latched onto my ankle. Luckily for me I had on my trusty doc martens and it couldn't get a good grasp. To this day that's the only animal I have ever raised a hand (well foot) to.

And they wonder why they are called ankle biters. :lol:

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
Originally posted by justhangn
And they wonder why they are called ankle biters. :lol:

You know what was hysterical about the whole thing is I did take a good whack at the little $hit once my foot was free to get it to back off. It was very effective. It ran off yelping. The dog was in the front yard with two young (8-10 yrs) kids and mommy was no where to be seen when I pulled up. I guess when it ran after me the kids ran inside and told mommy. She came out in time to see me shaking the dog off and kick it and came running over screaming at me that she was going to call the cops on me. I laughed at her and told her to be my guest. Her dog is unrestrained in the front yard, attacks someone totally unprovoked, gets the stew kicked out of it in self defence yet she's gonna call the cops on me. Needless to say it never happened.

SxyPrincess

Got any pics of the Lab/Pyrenees? :biggrin:

SxyPrincess

I've never been attacked by a dog, but my mom was bitten by a German Shepherd once and my little sister, a Chow.

Both instances were unprovoked. My mom was petting the GSD and my sis was walking down the street. :rolleyes:

A

angelphish

Its amazing how such little dogs can have such big b****:razz2:

J

justhangn

Originally posted by pixiegirl
You know what was hysterical about the whole thing is I did take a good whack at the little $hit once my foot was free to get it to back off. It was very effective. It ran off yelping. The dog was in the front yard with two young (8-10 yrs) kids and mommy was no where to be seen when I pulled up. I guess when it ran after me the kids ran inside and told mommy. She came out in time to see me shaking the dog off and kick it and came running over screaming at me that she was going to call the cops on me. I laughed at her and told her to be my guest. Her dog is unrestrained in the front yard, attacks someone totally unprovoked, gets the stew kicked out of it in self defence yet she's gonna call the cops on me. Needless to say it never happened.

When I was a kid of about 12, I had a lab mix latch onto my leg as I rode down the street on my bike……..when I yelled at the owner to get his dog the F off of my leg, he laughed.

I took care of it later.