Premier designs question??

cdsulhoff

Hello ladies,

I have a question for you all. Have you all heard of Permier designs jewerly?If you have I was windering what you thought of it? TIA.

I have heard of it and the thought that comes to mind is that it is way overpriced costume jewelry marked up enough to let all the folks in the "money making pyramid" get a cut of the profit...:shrug:

Softballkid

No Longer the Kid
kwillia said:
I have heard of it and the thought that comes to mind is that it is way overpriced costume jewelry marked up enough to let all the folks in the "money making pyramid" get a cut of the profit...:shrug:

Eh, not totally true Kwillers :bubble:

Softballkid said:
Eh, not totally true Kwillers :bubble:
Why isn't it, SBK...:eyebrow: It is no different than Mary Kay or Avon or the candles or the homemade gourmet products, etc. There is a huge mark-up on each item so that the immediate seller gets some profit, as does the the immediate seller's "boss" and so on all the way to the manufacturer. That means that the product's actual true value is much, much less. That's the way folks can make a living selling the stuff. It's no big deal as long as there is a market for it... what is an overpriced piece of costume jewerly to one person may be well worth the price to someone else... that is how free marketing works, SBK. :dance:

Softballkid

No Longer the Kid
kwillia said:
Why isn't it, SBK...:eyebrow: It is no different than Mary Kay or Avon or the candles or the homemade gourmet products, etc. There is a huge mark-up on each item so that the immediate seller gets some profit, as does the the immediate seller's "boss" and so on all the way to the manufacturer. That means that the product's actual true value is much, much less. That's the way folks can make a living selling the stuff. It's no big deal as long as there is a market for it... what is an overpriced piece of costume jewerly to one person may be well worth the price to someone else... that is how free marketing works, SBK. :dance:

I didnt mean that part... I meant the cheap costume jewelry parts... Its actually some nice looking stuff, and if your on a tight budget, and cant afford G&H's 5 grand necklace you want, chances are premier has something close to it looks wise, for alot cheaper price...but still good quality...

Thats what I was getting at...

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
I have never heard of it, but if Kwillia and BG think it's bad news, I think it's bad news.

cdsulhoff

Softballkid said:
I didnt mean that part... I meant the cheap costume jewelry parts... Its actually some nice looking stuff, and if your on a tight budget, and cant afford G&H's 5 grand necklace you want, chances are premier has something close to it looks wise, for alot cheaper price...but still good quality...

Hey,
I ask b/c a lady approached me today about the jewerly..Telling me how wonderful it is and the money you can make in selling it. I thought hey could be a good deal. Even though it is along the same line as the other catalog in home party stuff ,however it is not overran like the others. I know it is not really diamonds and all that good stuff but I would like to see what they have.... My problem is who would I sell it to.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
I bought a few pieces from a former coworker and I have to agree it's overpriced and not high quality although some of it is rather pretty. :shrug:

cdsulhoff

I don't know I was thinking about just selling my jewerly that I make at craft show. I usually make it for my self.the more I think about it the more I really do not want ot do the whole home paty crap again.. Did it for a couple of company and hated it...

jazz lady said:
I bought a few pieces from a former coworker and I have to agree it's overpriced and not high quality although some of it is rather pretty. :shrug:
There is nothing wrong with costume jewelry. Sometimes it can completely make an outfit go from so-so to yowzaa. My point was that for so many people to get a piece of the profit pie... you can imagine the mark-up.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
kwillia said:
There is nothing wrong with costume jewelry. Sometimes it can completely make an outfit go from so-so to yowzaa. My point was that for so many people to get a piece of the profit pie... you can imagine the mark-up.
No, I wasn't saying there was anything wrong with it but for the price, you can go to the local retailer and get the same sort of stuff at a much lower price. Believe me, I have lots of costume jewelry. :lol:

Premier is the classic pyramid scheme so the markups are huge so everyone gets "their share." :ohwell:

Jameo

What?!
Softballkid said:

Must be where your girl's engagement ring came from, huh? :lmao: :bubble:

R

rallwine2000

I hosted a party and got $250.00 worth of free jewelry from selling $1,000.00 worth at my party. The rep makes about a 1/3 off of your total sales. So, that tells what kind of jewelry it is. The gold is a brighter color then gold. I must admit it is not that bad for costume jewelryto wear for work.