Very good Dessert

mv_princess

mv = margaritaville
Chocolate Banana Chimichangas

Chocolate Chips
Banana's, cut into 1 1/2-inch piecessliced worked best for me
Flour tortillas (*If you can think of a better way to keep them closed let me know*)
Cinnamon and sugar mix
Vegetable Oil

Place banana piece in center of tortilla. Place chocolate chips around. Fold and roll up. Seal edges with water (*didn't work to well for me*). Fry in oil until browned, drain on paper towels and then roll in Cinnamon Sugar mix.​

If anyone can tell me how to keep them closed in a deep fryer that would be great. Mine kept coming back open.

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
What about some sort of pita contraption? I went to school with a guy who lived in Israel for a few years, and he used to make some really good dessert using a pita, peanut butter, and some really good chocolate sauce.

mv_princess

mv = margaritaville
Nickel said:
What about some sort of pita contraption? I went to school with a guy who lived in Israel for a few years, and he used to make some really good dessert using a pita, peanut butter, and some really good chocolate sauce.
I haven't tried dough yet.......Like a Pie crust. That is what I am trying this weekend.

greyhound

Are you using a deep fryer? I knew a girl who is from Mexico, when she made chimi's , she would fry them in 2 to 3 inches of oil. This way the fold would be on the bottom touching the pan. She would flip them over when brown and cook the other side.

This recipe sounds soooo good!!!!!

greyhound

I also found this on the web...

"Chimichangas
A chimichanga is simply a burrito made with a flour tortilla which is folded then chilled to allow the edges to seal. The burrito is then fried until crisp."

mv_princess

mv = margaritaville
greyhound said:
Are you using a deep fryer? I knew a girl who is from Mexico, when she made chimi's , she would fry them in 2 to 3 inches of oil. This way the fold would be on the bottom touching the pan. She would flip them over when brown and cook the other side.

This recipe sounds soooo good!!!!!
I did use a pan the first time, still had some trouble sealing them.......

But today I used a deep fryer.