Cat was dumped

river rat

BUCKING GOAT
Hey everyone :howdy:

Earlier this evening a cat was dumped off in my drive.
A gentleman who had passed by was kind enough to walk up the drive and knock on the door and inform me.
Who ever dumped it. Left it in a carrier at the end with a half of a bag of kitten chow.
He is intact and about 6-8 months because he has "developed".
He is a gray and white dsh.(definately not one of Dems kittens though)
This all occurred (to the best of my recollection) around 7:30-8pm.

I am okay with all this happening until 9:07.
This is when I get a blocked ID call on my CELL PHONE. Saying..."There is a cat at the end of your drive way and a bag of food." "click"

No one in my neighborhood knows my cell. My cell is mainly for business use. Additionally, even if it was a neighbor, the timely was way off! Two hours approx. Sooooo....neighbors are out of the question.
My question is this.....how easy is it to obtain a cell number from a street address?? Why would the person wait 2 hours to call? In this effing heat, yet to boot. Help me find the suspect. PLEASE!

D

dems4me

Looking at the teeth he still has his needle kitten teeth and I think he's much much younger than 5-8 months by far... he's no where near full grown or anything, I think it just hit his first puberty and maybe sprayed and the owner through it there in your driveway. Although a grey and white tux, definately NOT one of the kittens that I've ever seen and I know my kittens, my gosh, I fawn over them more than their mothers :lol: Picture to come if anyone knows of it.

Somdmommy

:Jeepin' in NC:
river rat said:

Earlier this evening a cat was dumped off in my drive.
A gentleman who had passed by was kind enough to walk up the drive and knock on the door and inform me.
Who ever dumped it. Left it in a carrier at the end with a half of a bag of kitten chow.
He is intact and about 6-8 months because he has "developed".
He is a gray and white dsh.(definately not one of Dems kittens though)
This all occurred (to the best of my recollection) around 7:30-8pm.

This is when I get a blocked ID call on my CELL PHONE. Saying..."There is a cat at the end of your drive way and a bag of food." "click"

No one in my neighborhood knows my cell. My cell is mainly for business use. Additionally, even if it was a neighbor, the timely was way off! Two hours approx. Sooooo....neighbors are out of the question.
My question is this.....how easy is it to obtain a cell number from a street address?? Why would the person wait 2 hours to call? In this effing heat, yet to boot. Help me find the suspect. PLEASE!
Wow, Thats strange.........

Lilypad

river rat said:

No one in my neighborhood knows my cell. My cell is mainly for business use. Additionally, even if it was a neighbor, the timely was way off!

YOU REALLY MUST HAVE A REPUTATION!!!!!!!!!!

(for being kind to animals! :huggy:)

river rat

BUCKING GOAT
I thought of this and would "like to think" those who know me well enough to know where I live would me able to talk to me about it first and even ask options for adoption. No one I know like this has even complained about need to get rid of a cat. :shrug:

river rat

BUCKING GOAT
dems4me said:
Looking at the teeth he still has his needle kitten teeth and I think he's much much younger than 5-8 months by far... he's no where near full grown or anything, I think it just hit his first puberty and maybe sprayed and the owner through it there in your driveway. Although a grey and white tux, definately NOT one of the kittens that I've ever seen and I know my kittens, my gosh, I fawn over them more than their mothers :lol: Picture to come if anyone knows of it.
:banghead: NO ONE thinks it is one of yours. I want to know about cell number accessability. :huggy:

D

dems4me

Heres the kitten cat...

Attachments

• mysterykitten1.JPG
    mysterykitten1.JPG
    28.3 KB · Views: 206
  • mysterykitten2.JPG
    mysterykitten2.JPG
    28.9 KB · Views: 166
D

dems4me

river rat said:
Seriously though, it bums me that someone can get my cell and I don't regconize

Rat, your phone rings incessantly you give it out alot and that is basically your main phone line and your buisness phone line, it could be anyone :shrug: Its not like they said "hey [your name] I gave you a cat."

Lilypad

Hey RR-

Saying..."There is a cat at the end of your drive way and a bag of food"..
"click"
Did ya recognize the voice-male or female?

river rat

BUCKING GOAT
Dems

Please leave now :bonk: You don't know what you are talking about and the boyensberry wine is kicking in.....Please see Tom Champ.

D

dems4me

If not will you keep it? :shrug: :smile:

BTW, anyone know if this is an illegal act? Isn't there a law or something where you can proove an illegal act occurred and then you can get the phone company to release the number even though they did a "blocked caller ID feature"???? That's my question. Anyone know??? Can anyone just abandon an animal on someone's porch legally? Poor River Rat was nice about it and all and told the guy (the nice samaritin) "we're not the ASPCA rescue".... as for the cat, he's adusted well to dogs, commotion, dogs sniffing his rear, etc.. and seems like he's king of River's castle. Eitherway, isn't this illegal? Isn't there an animal right law or something? I feel bad for the cat but he's not exactly shy timid and hiding under things, he's fitting in pretty good with River's brood and mine that are over here.

Last edited by a moderator: