Comic strips

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
What are your favorite comic strips? What longtime strips still hold up and which ones have jumped the shark? Which ones do you miss?

I still wish Far Side, Bloom County and Calvin & Hobbes were still going. But I respect the fact that their creators decided to retire while their comics were still funny, rather than hanging on for decades.

I found an old Family Circus book recently. Wow, this cartoon has really changed! True, there were plenty of aren't-they-cute jokes about the things that children say. But the kids actually got mad at one another, just like in real life!

G

giggles04

Most definately, you've got to love Family Circus, Family Blues, and the classic Charlie Brown:D

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
I was a huge Peanuts fan years ago, and I still have a soft spot for the cartoon. Charlie Brown was supposed to be the focus of the strip, but Snoopy began taking over in the late 1970s. Whenever I read Peanuts in the 1980s, it seemed to be about the Beagle Scout troop and Snoopy's long-lost littermates. I think it recaptured some of its original spirit once Rerun started school.

fuzzyng

Oldschool Garfield, no doubt! *L* I also love Far Side, Calvin & Hobbs, and have been getting a kick out of the "Boondocks" I believe it is... Very Funny... i never really like Comic Strips, but ya gotta love Peanuts!

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Dilbert rules!

For us workers in 'cubesville'....Dilbert is either the funniest or saddest comic around!! :cheers:

Otter

Nothing to see here
Re: Dilbert rules!

Originally posted by jazz lady
For us workers in 'cubesville'....Dilbert is either the funniest or saddest comic around!! :cheers:

I 2nd that...:p

Warron

I like Dilbert, Frank and Ernets, Herman, and Wizard of Id. Dilbert I check almost every day at www.dilbert.com. I used to follow Calvin and Hobbs too. I think I've read all the Calvin and Hobbs books that have come out.

Doc

To those who loved Calvin & Hobbes and Bloom County, have you checked out "Get Fuzzy"?It's an excellent strip, sort of like what Garfield would be like if it were funny

Taz

I miss Garfield, The Far Side, but most of all...Calvin and Hobbes.
Really, ya gotta love a kid whose favorite breakfast is "Chocolate Frosted Sugar Bombs!"
If you're a parent, ya know where I'm comin' from....