traffic light question

bohman

To whom would a person report a traffic light that isn't working properly? Should I google SHA, or should I contact somebody local?

I don't know if anybody else has noticed this, but the left turn signal going from northbound 235 onto Pegg Rd. often doesn't turn green when it should, leaving me to sit through yet another cycle of green/red. Or take my chances getting back onto 235 by going from a dead stop into the fast lane (which is likely illegal anyway). People turning left to head through gate 1 get a green, but the other side of the intersection doesn't.

It's been doing that intermittently for the last few months, and since I live near Pegg road and often come home from work that way, it's driving me a little batsh!t. Help!

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
bohman said:
To whom would a person report a traffic light that isn't working properly? Should I google SHA, or should I contact somebody local?

I don't know if anybody else has noticed this, but the left turn signal going from northbound 235 onto Pegg Rd. often doesn't turn green when it should, leaving me to sit through yet another cycle of green/red. Or take my chances getting back onto 235 by going from a dead stop into the fast lane (which is likely illegal anyway). People turning left to head through gate 1 get a green, but the other side of the intersection doesn't.

It's been doing that intermittently for the last few months, and since I live near Pegg road and often come home from work that way, it's driving me a little batsh!t. Help!
Call SHA. Can't remember the # now, but if you PM me in the a.m., I'll send you the local #. I have it at work.

dustin

UAIOE
bohman said:

are you on the sensors correctly?

bohman

Yet another milestone

well you're stupid too...

cool, I got my very first red for this thread. The giver is apparently correct, because I'm confused....at what point did I call anybody stupid? Perhaps I've been designated as stupid because I got stuck behind a line of cars at a light that isn't changing? :bigwhoop:

Last edited:

bohman

dustin said:
are you on the sensors correctly?

Good question, and the answer is "sometimes". When I have this problem at rush hour, I'm rarely the lead car in line so I can't do anything about that. Sometimes I do see people that aren't stopped in the right place, and sometimes even if you are in the right place you need to move the car forward or back a little to make sure that the sensor has been tripped. And if the person in the lead doesn't know that, I'm screwed. I think the sensor works, it just isn't sensitive enough.