May I start over?

r_miller1981

That was not nice of me to come here and post like that.

My name is Rachel and I am starting my PartyLite Candle business soon. I was told by a fellow co-worker that someone from the forum was looking for candles, so I thought I would try and see.

If you would like to buy any candles or hold a party, please let me know.

Thank you.

P.S. I am a really nice person and have posted on message boards for 2 years now. I really know better.

There's a special beauty and tranquility to candles, but a lighted candle is also an open flame, and a potential fire hazard if not carefully monitored. In fact, accidental candle fires account for approximately 5 percent of all U.S. residential fires.

One should not take this thread lightly. Candle ownership comes with enormous responsibility.

Never leave a burning candle unattended.

Never burn a candle on or near anything that might catch fire.

Keep candles out of the reach of children and pets.

Trim the wick to ¼ inch each time before burning. Long or crooked wicks can cause uneven burning, dripping or flaring.

Always use a candleholder specifically designed for candle use. It should be heat resistant, sturdy, and large enough to contain any drips or melted wax.

Burn candles in a well-ventilated room.

Place the candleholder on a stable, heat-resistant surface.

Keep the wax pool clear of wick trimmings, matches and debris at all times.

Avoid drafts, vents or air currents. This will help prevent rapid or uneven burning, sooting, and excessive dripping.

Follow the manufacturer's recommendations on burn time and proper use.

Never touch or move a burning candle. Never move a votive or container candle when the wax is liquefied.

Don't burn a candle all the way down. For a margin of safety, discontinue burning a candle when 2 inches of wax remains (1/2 inch if in a container).

Extinguish a candle if the flame becomes too high or flickers repeatedly. Let the candle cool, trim the wick, and check for unwanted drafts before re-lighting.

Always keep the candle within your sight. If you are going to leave the room, be sure to first blow out all candles.

Use a candle snuffer to extinguish a candle. It's the safest way to prevent hot wax from splattering.

Never use water to extinguish a candle. Water can cause the hot wax to splatter and might break a glass container.

Make sure the candle is completely out and the wick ember is no longer glowing before leaving the room.

Don't touch or move the candle until it has completely cooled.

camily

Peace
kwillia said:
One should not take this thread lightly. Candle ownership comes with enormous responsibility.

Never leave a burning candle unattended.

Never burn a candle on or near anything that might catch fire.

Keep candles out of the reach of children and pets.

Trim the wick to ¼ inch each time before burning. Long or crooked wicks can cause uneven burning, dripping or flaring.

Always use a candleholder specifically designed for candle use. It should be heat resistant, sturdy, and large enough to contain any drips or melted wax.

Burn candles in a well-ventilated room.

Place the candleholder on a stable, heat-resistant surface.

Keep the wax pool clear of wick trimmings, matches and debris at all times.

Avoid drafts, vents or air currents. This will help prevent rapid or uneven burning, sooting, and excessive dripping.

Follow the manufacturer's recommendations on burn time and proper use.

Never touch or move a burning candle. Never move a votive or container candle when the wax is liquefied.

Don't burn a candle all the way down. For a margin of safety, discontinue burning a candle when 2 inches of wax remains (1/2 inch if in a container).

Extinguish a candle if the flame becomes too high or flickers repeatedly. Let the candle cool, trim the wick, and check for unwanted drafts before re-lighting.

Always keep the candle within your sight. If you are going to leave the room, be sure to first blow out all candles.

Use a candle snuffer to extinguish a candle. It's the safest way to prevent hot wax from splattering.

Never use water to extinguish a candle. Water can cause the hot wax to splatter and might break a glass container.

Make sure the candle is completely out and the wick ember is no longer glowing before leaving the room.

Don't touch or move the candle until it has completely cooled.
Holy crap. :faint:
Screw buying her candles, I'm giving mine away for free.
:lmao:

camily said:
Holy crap. :faint:
Screw buying her candles, I'm giving mine away for free.
:lmao:
An estimated 18,000 residential fires are caused each year by the careless or inappropriate use of candles.

Nanny Pam

I remember when I used to use candles to light my ciggy's on.
I wonder if you can buy ciggy scented candles? :shrug:

Candle safety is the responsibility of the candles purchaser. Candle suppliers are not responsible for any injuries or damages that may result if their candles are burned improperly or carelessly unattended to. It is your responsibility to burn the candles carefully and wisely.