Any quick and easy but good crock pot recipes?

JTross

JTross
I just recently got a crock pot and needless to say I have completely fallen in love with it. It is sooo convenient and with our busy schedules its wonderful. Really great to just put whatever in it in the morning and have it ready when we get home. I was curious to see if anyone out there had any recipes they would be willing to share. Look forward to seeing what people suggest :howdy: :howdy: :howdy:

camily

Peace
JTross said:
I just recently got a crock pot and needless to say I have completely fallen in love with it. It is sooo convenient and with our busy schedules its wonderful. Really great to just put whatever in it in the morning and have it ready when we get home. I was curious to see if anyone out there had any recipes they would be willing to share. Look forward to seeing what people suggest :howdy: :howdy: :howdy:
Get a "Fix It and Forget It" cookbook. They have great recipes. We made jambalaya (sp?) recently and it was delish! Chilli works great. I'm not a big whole chicken in the crock pot kind of person though. Too many little bones you don't see and then get in your mouth. I hate bones in my mouth. :lol:

rack'm

Jaded
JTross said:

Every Crock Pot I've ever had came with a recipe book inside of it. :shrug:

JTross

JTross
camily said:
Get a "Fix It and Forget It" cookbook. They have great recipes. We made jambalaya (sp?) recently and it was delish! Chilli works great. I'm not a big whole chicken in the crock pot kind of person though. Too many little bones you don't see and then get in your mouth. I hate bones in my mouth. :lol:

Hmm, I will have to look into that. I made something I don't remember what it was the other day with boneless chicken breast, rice, chicken broth, and cream of chicken and it was soooo good!

camily

Peace
JTross said:
Hmm, I will have to look into that. I made something I don't remember what it was the other day with boneless chicken breast, rice, chicken broth, and cream of chicken and it was soooo good!
Crock pots are so easy. I tend to just throw stuff in it and let it go. You really can't go wrong if you know how to cook. Just put the ingredients in and you're done! You can make bread in it though but I have never tried it.

JTross

JTross
camily said:
Crock pots are so easy. I tend to just throw stuff in it and let it go. You really can't go wrong if you know how to cook. Just put the ingredients in and you're done! You can make bread in it though but I have never tried it.

I had no idea you could make bread in them! its amazing how moiist and tender the meat is when it comes out! i love it!

devilvice

Angel
I take boneless pork chops and brown them in a pan first, then drop it in the crockpot with cream of mushroom soup, onions and potatoes... let it simmer all day and its oh so good. You can even do it with the bone in and the meat will fall right off. Or Keilbausa (sp?) and saurkraut is great in a crockpot.

JTross

JTross
devilvice said:
I take boneless pork chops and brown them in a pan first, then drop it in the crockpot with cream of mushroom soup, onions and potatoes... let it simmer all day and its oh so good. You can even do it with the bone in and the meat will fall right off.

Oh, that does sound delicious!

camily

Peace
JTross said:
I had no idea you could make bread in them! its amazing how moiist and tender the meat is when it comes out! i love it!
Are you just discovering crock pots all together? :confused:

JTross

JTross
camily said:
Are you just discovering crock pots all together? :confused:

Well I'm only 19 and just moved out about a month or so ago, so yes using them myself is all new :) My co-workers got me one for a housewarming gift!

JTross

JTross
baileydog said:
My sister makes Crock pot apple pie. It was good.

Yeah, I remember when we were younger my mom would take that liquid potpori (spelling ???) especially around christmas time and turn it on in the crock pot and it smelled sooo great!

aosmiles

Go to allrecipes.com for crock pot recipes. You can get recipes based on what you have in your cabinet. Here is a recipe we like a lot. Zesty Slow Cooker Chicken Barbecue
Submitted by: Zanne Peters
"A quick-prep chicken breast recipe that gives a twist to basic barbecue chicken. I throw the chicken breasts in frozen, and serve this with baked potatoes. The sauce makes a great topping for the potatoes. To vary the flavor, try different types of barbecue sauce."
Original recipe yield: 6 servings.
Prep Time:10 MinutesCook Time:4 Hours Ready In:4 Hours 10 MinutesServings:6 (change)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

INGREDIENTS:
6 frozen skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
1 (12 ounce) bottle barbeque sauce
1/2 cup Italian salad dressing
1/4 cup brown sugar
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DIRECTIONS:
Place chicken in a slow cooker. In a bowl, mix the barbeque sauce, Italian salad dressing, brown sugar, and Worcestershire sauce. Pour over the chicken.
Cover, and cook 3 to 4 hours on High or 6 to 8 hours on Low.

My husband will take a butcher knife and cut the chicken up into shreds and serve it on buns. Add more BBQ sauce if you like.