Dog, Possibly Cat Boarding

Sadysue

I need a hand. Boyfriend and I will be flying to South Dakota later this year. We have a 3 yr old female pitt and a 10 yr old cat. Where is the cheapest, safest place to board them? :nomoney: Anyone have any reccomendations? I would like to leave the cat at home and have someone check on him periodically.

We had a friend watch them last time. The dog went with the friend and was fine. But the cat stayed home and was never checked on for a week. The friend was supposed to come over and feed the cat every other day or so. They never came. The cat had no food when we returned. I don't know how long he went hungry.
:war:
Needless to say, the friend is not a friend anymore.

I hope to avoid that nightmare this time. I guess I'll have to board the dog and hire a pet sitter for the cat. Does anyone happen to have some experience with local boarders? sitters?

:shrug:

Thanks.

tes218

Sadysue said:
I need a hand. Boyfriend and I will be flying to South Dakota later this year. We have a 3 yr old female pitt and a 10 yr old cat. Where is the cheapest, safest place to board them? :nomoney: Anyone have any reccomendations? I would like to leave the cat at home and have someone check on him periodically.

We had a friend watch them last time. The dog went with the friend and was fine. But the cat stayed home and was never checked on for a week. The friend was supposed to come over and feed the cat every other day or so. They never came. The cat had no food when we returned. I don't know how long he went hungry.

I hope to avoid that nightmare this time. I guess I'll have to board the dog and hire a pet sitter for the cat. Does anyone happen to have some experience with local boarders? sitters?

Thanks.

Hi, :howdy: I use Pawfessionals for pet sitting. Dee and her husband George are fantastic. Dee comes by every day to care for my dogs while I'm at work and she takes care of my cats when I travel. I use Applejack K-9 Academy and Kennel in Charlotte Hall for boarding my dogs.

virgovictoria

Tight Pants and Lipstick
PREMO Member
Sadysue said:

Thanks.

I'm not sure that those two adjectives can provide one and the same environment... Remember :nono: Be careful what you wish for - not that you won't get it - but that you'll be doomed not to want it once you do....

bresamil

wandering aimlessly
I use Kiarry Kennels for the dog. The cat stays home with lots of dishes of food and water and two clean litter boxes. I've never left the cat more than 7 days but then my friend drops by at least once to make sure she's okay.

bhoffman

i worked at ridge kennels for 8 months last year and i have nothing more than positive things to say about their facility. i would deffidently recommend it, as long as your pitbull has no issues with being handled by "strangers" the owner should have no problem taking you guys in.

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
bhoffman said:
i worked at ridge kennels for 8 months last year and i have nothing more than positive things to say about their facility. i would deffidently recommend it, as long as your pitbull has no issues with being handled by "strangers" the owner should have no problem taking you guys in.
Do you have contact numbers that you can post?

I'll save their info just in case BuddyLee can't pet-sit for me again.

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
Paradise kennels does dogs and cats...cats are separate then the dogs...but if you are talking the holidays you better book now...I have a friend (on the forums) she does pet sitting too...she does dogs in her home and would probably go feed your cat...she is giddy-up here..