Attack of the Clones, For Geeks Only

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I LOVED IT!!!
Saw it last night. THIS is Star Wars! The first one didn't do much for me - the plot wasn't all that and there was no familiarity with characters, storylines, etc. Attack of the Clones brought it all together again and filled out the story. You see where Luke gets his pilot and mechanical abilities from. Padme will remind you of Leia, which she didn't in Episode I. The Imperial Storm Troopers make an appearance.

Some silliness - Shmi's death (I actually laughed out loud when she konked out), the declaration scene between Ani and Padme, the chase scene when Anakin and Obi Wan are going after assassin (if Anakin is so good that he can jump out of a moving vehicle, fall for miles, then land perfectly on his intended target, why doesn't he know that Palpatine is really a bad guy?).

I'm trying not to give too many spoilers, even though fans know how the story plays out anyway.

I'm totally stoked now about Episode III! This will be where Anakin and Padme lose that lovin' feelin', Luke and Leia are born, the Jedi get annihilated in the Clone Wars and Anakin goes to THE DARK SIDE! (dun-dun-DUH!)

Predictions For III

We'll discover that Anakin's father (who Shmi said was nonexistant but is merely a cover) was a Sith. Darth Sidious, maybe? This would explain Anakin and Luke's predilection toward the Dark Side.

During the Clone Wars, Anakin is such a tremendous warrior that he gets drunk with power. Padme is frightened of the changes in him and takes the infant twins, Luke and Leia, to their respective hiding places. Anakin kills her when she won't reveal their whereabouts, causing his final crossover to the Dark Side.''

Qui Gon Jinn will be revealed as a bad guy - that's why he didn't become at one with the force when he died and why he was so insistent on training Anakin, when everyone else had reservations.

Big roles for Boba Fett and Bail Organa. (Jimmy Smits :yum: )

Yes, I am a Star Wars geek! Any other geeks want to share predictions?

Last edited:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
NOT just for SW Geeks!

Slow start BUT it did get good. Almost good enough for me to get over the existence of Jar Jar Binks, the most HEINOUS character to EVER come out of Hollywood. Almost, but no quite.

Christy,

Some silliness - Shmi's death (I actually laughed out loud when she konked out),

...it was silent, the whole crowd (the theatre was just about full, first time I've seen that in a long time) and your girl Vrai just blurts out! Hilarious!

I give it a 7 because there MUST be demerits for that last atrocity and because it is SUPPOSSED to be good, what, with this legendary tale to build off of, the $ and the time.

It would have gotten an eight if Jar Jar had be left out. A nine if he'd been done away with in a particularly gruesome fashion.

Phantom Menance led to discusions of grocery shopping and Saturday chores on the way home. This time we were all jabbering and trying to get a word in!

The table is set for the next one, so to speak.

NO EXCUSES

missi1013

Catch Me If You Can!
Ok vari, I guess I will admit to myself that I'm a Star Wars Geek:

I'm a Star Wars geek
I'm a Star Wars geek!

Ok, I'm with you on your predictions. But I think that Padme will get killed by the sixth to make Ani turn bad (like that will be the last straw). I don't know, but I can't wait till it comes out!!!!