Robertson's Crab House

rudolphmx

I went to Robertson's Crab House last weekend and was extremely disappointed. My husband got the all you can eat Crabs, I ordered the Soft-shell Crab Dinner, and my three-year old son got the kids shrimp basket. Until now I have really enjoyed my experience at Robertson's. I have always preferred their food over Captain Billy's, and the short wait times. But my experience was just too bad to ever go back.

First of all, my son's basket contained 4 small-medium sized fried shrimp, and it cost 9.00. It didn't even fill him up and he is 3, I feel sorry for any older children that make the same mistake. My husbands crabs were awful, they were clearly flown in from elsewhere because there wasn't one over 4 inches in length. Every one was poor, and a few were clearly stuck in the pot dead because they came out smelling god awful!!! For 27.99, my husband ate 8 crabs before he was so disgusted he couldn't bring himself to eat anymore without hurling. After seeing this horrible display of steamed crabs I asked the waitress the size of the crabs they were serving to those that ordered them by the dozen and she informed me they were the same ones my husband was receiving. Then, to top everything off, my softshell crabs were fried so long that I almost choked to death when eating the legs.

I was a loyal Robertson's customer, but from now on I think I am going to stick to my local St. Mary's County Crab Houses that have never failed me!!!

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
You paid for all that and didn't complain? You need some pointers from Elaine.

rudolphmx

Oh, no, no. Trust me I complained. I am eight months pregnant, your darned right I complained. The stupid, young, I know everything manager was kind enough to explain to me that crabs are not up to par at certain times of the year like when they shed. I then explained to him that I have been in southern maryland for many many years, and I know awful crabs when I see them, I then preceeded to shove one of the crabs in his face that was clearly dead when stuck in the pot and told him to smell it then I asked him if he would eat it. The a** hole punk was kind enough to take my husbands drinks and 20% off the bill.

baileydog

I wanna be a SMIB
rudolphmx said:
Oh, no, no. Trust me I complained. I am eight months pregnant, your darned right I complained. The stupid, young, I know everything manager was kind enough to explain to me that crabs are not up to par at certain times of the year like when they shed. I then explained to him that I have been in southern maryland for many many years, and I know awful crabs when I see them, I then preceeded to shove one of the crabs in his face that was clearly dead when stuck in the pot and told him to smell it then I asked him if he would eat it. The a** hole punk was kind enough to take my husbands drinks and 20% off the bill.

I would of kept #####ing until he took lots more or all off my bill. :whistle:

CMC122

Go Braves!
I always thought their food was crap at both restuarants. It's an all you can eat establishment, quality is not of the top priority.

BOHDEN

try capt john's on cobb island, little father to drive, but good eats depends on what time you go in for the wait

ive had good and bad at robertsons
capt billys havent been there in years due to a bad visit (the spring after Billy passed away) when having a fundraiser and the portions were so skimpy you couldnt even tell there was anything on the plate, complained to miss Selene (his daughter) she didnt care one bit. we went there very often! needless to say some other crab house gets our money, or even thompsons.

R

Revvin67

Im with you D...We went to Robertsons for the last time in Nov 05. Sad to say, we also went to Capt Billys for the last time on Fathers Day. Things have gone south for both places in the past few years.

Pandora

Capt. Robertson's was never that good, IMO, and Capt. Billy's has gone WAY down hill since the long time owner died.

Capt. John's has always been pretty good, but there are times the serve there is terrible.

R

remaxrealtor

rudolphmx said:

I have to say that we went to our favorite crab house over the weekend and the crabs were much the same as what you're saying, light and watery, not the best flavor and smell to the meat. 99% of the time, the food there is awesome. My hubby, who used to fish crab pots said the same thing about this time of year. I think we'll lay off the crustaceans for a few weeks...Sept. and Oct. always provide the BEST crabs!

BOHDEN said:
try capt john's on cobb island, little father to drive, but good eats depends on what time you go in for the wait
Skip Capt John's and go to Shymansky's instead. Shymansky's food is always good as is the service. I can never understand why Capt. John's is so crowded when the food is better at Shymansky's. :shrug:

Pandora

Speedy70 said:
We're going to Shymansky's tomorrow night. :yay:

Both places were packed tonight. We had a rather long wait but it was a big party, so hopefully, you are going early, or get reservations (if they take them). :yay:

Pandora said:
Both places were packed tonight. We had a rather long wait but it was a big party, so hopefully, you are going early, or get reservations (if they take them). :yay:

We're early eaters so we never have a wait. :lmao:

bfncbs1

Can you ping me now? Good
go to

Copsey's seafood in mechanicsville......Great food and great service ! Been going there for the last 25 years and have never had a complaint. Its a small hole in the wall place but you never really have to wait to get in.

Captain John's is good also. But have had a couple bad nights

Seabreeze is also really good.