Another dental dilemma

StarCat

What do you all know about "deep cleaning"? I think the dentist is FOS, cuz they said I needed that, but I looked around the web and dont have ANY of the symptoms. Needless to say, I am once again, scared to death :jameo:

bcp

In My Opinion
if your teeth look like this you might want to go ahead with his suggestions.

Attachments

• bad-teeth.jpg
    bad-teeth.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 139

StarCat

bcp said:
if your teeth look like this you might want to go ahead with his suggestions.
:tantrum I told you to NEVER show that picture to anyone :drama:

Through my research, I have come to the realization that I NEED to stop smoking, because smoking is a leading cause in periodontitis. :bawl:Wish me luck!

Number 1

Tobacco. People who use tobacco in any form are at far greater risk of periodontal disease than nonusers are, and the risk increases with the degree of tobacco use. What's more, tobacco can contribute to a host of other oral problems, including oral cancer, bad breath, stained teeth, loss of your sense of taste and mouth sores.
Every website I came across said the same thing, right up at the top, about smoking.

bcp

In My Opinion
What's more, tobacco can contribute to a host of other oral problems, including oral cancer
Ok, this would suck
bad breath,
might bring me closer to my MIL since she suffers the same problem without smoking.
stained teeth,
by whos standards?
loss of your sense of taste
due to the quality of my wifes cooking, I say, smoke em if you got em.

and mouth sores.
many people have mouth sores without smoking.
those that like hot food
fags
those that lick lamposts in the winter
fags
those that french kiss their cats
did I mention fags?

bcp said:
Ok, this would suck
might bring me closer to my MIL since she suffers the same problem without smoking.

by whos standards?

due to the quality of my wifes cooking, I say, smoke em if you got em.

those that like hot food
fags
fags
did I mention fags?
Did you say fags?

:lmao:

K

Katie

I had it done before. It wasn't bad, your teeth are a bit senstive for the first day or so.

StarCat

bcp said:
those that like hot food
fags
fags
did I mention fags?
OMG :killingme

CandyRain

StarCat said:
What do you all know about "deep cleaning"? I think the dentist is FOS, cuz they said I needed that, but I looked around the web and dont have ANY of the symptoms. Needless to say, I am once again, scared to death :jameo:
Deep cleaning now or root canal later. :shrug: I'd go with the deep cleaning now. :yay:

bcp

In My Opinion
CandyRain said:
Deep cleaning now or root canal later. :shrug: I'd go with the deep cleaning now. :yay:

You get better drugs with the root canal. I would hold out for the biggest high.

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
Scaling and root planing? That's what the dentist I worked for called it. If it's the same thing (and I assume it is), it's not a big deal. Same as a regular cleaning, but they go a little deeper. Every time he did it, he did half the mouth one day, then the other half at another session. They numb the area they work on (at least he did), and don't want the whole mouth numb at once.

CityGrl

Time for a nap
I've had it done recently. It sounds scarier than it really is, and plus they give you novocaine, so you won't feel a thing!

CandyRain

CandyRain said:
Why don't ya'll sign this stuff? Skeered???????
Actually, I'd rather you get your entire posse to bomb red so I can look like StarCat used to. She was so much more intriguing with all the red squares. :bubble:

No offense, SC. :huggy:

StarCat

CandyRain said:
Actually, I'd rather you get your entire posse to bomb red so I can look like StarCat used to. She was so much more intriguing with all the red squares. :bubble:

No offense, SC. :huggy:
They sure were pretty, weren't they, and the comments always cracked me up. :lmao: :huggy: