Ear infections

jwwb2000

pretty black roses
When should the antibiotics kick in for an ear infection? I started taking medicine yesterday and today is the second day taking it. My ear keeps on making that squish sound when I swallow and it is driving me bonkers. Plus when I talk, I feel like I am in a tunnel.

Dutch6

"Fluffy world destroyer"
jwwb2000 said:
When should the antibiotics kick in for an ear infection? I started taking medicine yesterday and today is the second day taking it. My ear keeps on making that squish sound when I swallow and it is driving me bonkers. Plus when I talk, I feel like I am in a tunnel.
It may take several days. I know I had to get a second dose to clear mine. I don't think what they gave me was strong enough.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
jwwb2000 said:
Antibiotics only clear up the infection.. they won't do anything for the fluid or water in your ear..

Pinch your nose closed, clench your mouth REAL tight.. and try to blow as hard as you can.. See what kind of cool water, puss, brain matter and ear wax pattern you can leave on the wall..

itsbob

I bowl overhand
I never tried it.. but a hair dryer set on low or no heat.. and low fan may halp clear it up.

jwwb2000

pretty black roses
greyhound said:
jwwb...take a look at the link in my post. The fluid can take a month to go away.

If it takes it that long to go away, I don't know if I would be able to deal with the squish the entire time.

Tina2001aniT

jwwb2000 said:
I tried the hold the nose and blow routine with no luck.

Hopefully it feels better sooner than my kiddo's....she has had ear/sinus problems since June, and is now 2.5 weeks through a 4 week supply of antibiotics, antihistamine and nasal spray, with no results, other than it sounding like it is moving into her chest, we go back to the doctor's tomorrow

greyhound

jwwb2000 said:
If it takes it that long to go away, I don't know if I would be able to deal with the squish the entire time.

I had a cold over the winter and fluid in my middle ear. Went to the doc. and he said no infection I would just have to wait for it to drain or be absorbed. It took 3 weeks before it stopped sounding like I was in a tunnel.

Tina2001aniT

jwwb2000 said:

That is the kiddo's biggest problem, she scratches behind her ear and I can hear it squish from across the room...ewwww....

greyhound

Tina2001aniT said:
Hopefully it feels better sooner than my kiddo's....she has had ear/sinus problems since June, and is now 2.5 weeks through a 4 week supply of antibiotics, antihistamine and nasal spray, with no results, other than it sounding like it is moving into her chest, we go back to the doctor's tomorrow

Tina...I hope she is at least feeling better.

Jameo

What?!
jwwb2000 said:

don't swallow or talk :yay:

Your welcome :huggy: :lmao:

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
Tina2001aniT said:
Still nothing? Poor girl, I hope she finds relief soon. :huggy:

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
I had a horrible ear infection quite awhile ago that went from one ear to the other then back to the original ear. I remember it took two or three days for the infection to start going down using both eardrop and oral antibiotics, then two or three weeks for the squishing/sloshing noise in my ear to go away. It is not something I EVER want to have again. :dead: