I got him back!!

Cowgirl

I moved just after July 4th, and my cat got out of the new place. He's been an indoor cat for the past several years (he's 6), so i was very worried about him being outside...especially because he had been in the house a whopping 2 hours before he escaped. So anyways, I left food out, spent time out there calling him, but no luck. I put signs up and left them up for about 3 weeks but didn't hear anything. All of the sudden, about a week and a half ago, I saw him! He was in the yard, but when I saw him and called him, he ran. He's normally skittish anyways, but he was TERRIFIED because he was outside I guess. So our neighbors happened to tell us that he regularly comes to eat the food they leave out for the other stray cat. So, I got a trap from animal control and put it out...and I finally caught him last night around 11pm!!!!! He'd been outside for 5 weeks! He looks good...a little skinnier, but it's okay because he was a little chunky when he ran away...so he's actually at a normal weight. He's going to the vet tomorrow to get a check up. I can't believe I found him! I was sure he was gone forever!! :yahoo: :getdown:

CrashTest

Wow - that's amazing. My cat's been AWOL for as long as 3-4 days but it's always of her own free will.

A month at large is amazing. I guess the downside is that he might start crying to go outside now that's he's seen how much fun it is.

craberta

Hurray!

I am so happy for you! I have a kitty that will be 15 this fall. She has moved alot because we were military. She knew we were moving and sat on the refrigerator every time. It was like she knew it was going to be at the new place so she sat on it for about 4 days before we moved. We had a camper, and during a pit stop we could not find her. The kids cried, I cried, and when we stopped at a relatives, the kids were crying. Then after a while my husband went out to the camper to look once more, and saw a paw hanging out from behind the water tank. Ever since then we have made sure we knew where all pets are. We don't move anymore, but during spring cleaning, we empty out the kids rooms, and she gets that we are moving look on her face, I tell her it's ok. :lmao: