Weight Watchers Help

mjkc135

mjkc135
I need as much advise as possible. I started weight watchers 8 weeks ago and it has been a huge struggle. The good part is I am pretty sure I know what it is. One I have been retaining alot of water I am too achy to work out. Also, I am not very creative with the food I need to eat to hold me over. I am on the flex plan and getting so discouraged that I am considering giving up. If anyone has food suggestions or any words of wisdom I would really appreciate it. :popcorn:

mjkc135 said:
I need as much advise as possible. I started weight watchers 8 weeks ago and it has been a huge struggle. The good part is I am pretty sure I know what it is. One I have been retaining alot of water I am too achy to work out. Also, I am not very creative with the food I need to eat to hold me over. I am on the flex plan and getting so discouraged that I am considering giving up. If anyone has food suggestions or any words of wisdom I would really appreciate it. :popcorn:
My sis is doing WW... she discovered the following "snack" that is filling and delish and helps her curb her appetite. Take one of the Jello Sugarfree Pudding cups and put it in a bowl. Take one of those high fiber flavorless shredded wheat biscuits and crumble it up and mix it with the pudding. It taste like you are eatting eclair cake. The pudding cup is 1 point and the shredded wheat is so low in calories and high in fiber it doesn't even count as a whole point.

Oh yeah, you can also mix the crumbled shredded wheat biscuit with low cal yogurt and you will have a delish, high fiber, filling breakfast.

mjkc135

mjkc135
Thank you for the quick response I really need main dish idea's mainly lunch. Do you have any of those. Does your sister go to meetings

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
I lost 25 pounds there and need to go back for the next 15. I used the point system and took that point calculator to the grocery store every time I went. I hate fruit and veggies, but did start eating apples and grapes. Take the calculator to the grocery store, plan on spending a couple hours at the store, and buy stuff you like. Nature's Own is a good bread and high in fiber, low in points. I'm a carb freak, so that works for me. I can get hungry and put a piece of that in the toaster and use the no-fat butter, it's like negative calories. I'm starting back on Tuesday to drop the next 15, then I'm done. Also, whether you want to exercise or not, FORCE yourself to do it. A 30 minute brisk walk four times a week will melt pounds away.

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
mjkc135 said:
Thank you for the quick response I really need main dish idea's mainly lunch. Do you have any of those. Does your sister go to meetings
PM me tomorrow and I'll send you a website with a bunch of WW meals.

mjkc135

mjkc135
Meetings

BS Gal said:
I lost 25 pounds there and need to go back for the next 15. I used the point system and took that point calculator to the grocery store every time I went. I hate fruit and veggies, but did start eating apples and grapes. Take the calculator to the grocery store, plan on spending a couple hours at the store, and buy stuff you like. Nature's Own is a good bread and high in fiber, low in points. I'm a carb freak, so that works for me. I can get hungry and put a piece of that in the toaster and use the no-fat butter, it's like negative calories. I'm starting back on Tuesday to drop the next 15, then I'm done. Also, whether you want to exercise or not, FORCE yourself to do it. A 30 minute brisk walk four times a week will melt pounds away.
Does anyone go to meetings and where

mjkc135 said:
If you do a big ole veggie salad for lunch. Use salsa instead of dressing. Way less calories and you have a wide variety of salsa flavors to chose from. You can add the meat from a chicken breast to your salad to give you the protein you need.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
mjkc135 said:

I did WW and found the points system a lot more flexible to stick to and retain variety in your diet. The WW website has LOTS of great recipes. Get on their mailing list and they'll send you lots of tips and recipes every week.

If you're retaining a lot of water, cut back on your salt intake. Exercise in addition to dieting is key and an absolute MUST to succeed on the program.

Good luck and stick with it. It's a great program. :yay:

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
mjkc135 said:
Does anyone go to meetings and where
I need to get the last 15 pounds off. I go to the 12:00 meeting in Leonardtown on Tuesdays. Works for me because I am right down the street from them. I got comfortable after losing 25 lbs, but I'm ready to do the last 15 now. Are you near Leonardtown at lunch time during the week?

buddy999

It's Great to be American
mjkc135 said:

My wife and I were both doing WW a while back. During the time I was on the program it was always stressed to us that we eat at least 5 times a day. This is to keep your digestive system active. Your handout at your week 1 meeting should have some foods in it that you can eat that don't have any point value. This means that you can eat as much as you want but don't stuff yourself between regular meals.

The second thing is to make sure you drink plenty of water. 5-6 8oz glasses a day. This helps clean out your system.

The third thing is your exercise. Exercising allows you to replace fat with muscle. Muscle mass increases you metabolism allowing you to burn more calories and loose the weight quicker.

The last thing is to make a habit of recording what you eat. I found it difficult to keep track of the number of points I used throughout the day when I didn't write down when I ate something.

Good luck and remember that you will drop the pounds at different rates from week to week. Even if you find that youi've messed up on one day, when you get up the next day start the day as though it never happened. It's better to forget the bad days and stay on track. The worst that will happen is that instead of losing 3 pounds in the week, you may only loose 1 pound. It's still better than getting discouraged, quitting and gaining all your weight back again.

Toxick

Splat
mjkc135 said:
I need as much advise as possible.

Don't they give you advice at WW?

mjkc135 said:
Also, I am not very creative with the food I need to eat to hold me over.

Don't they give you creative and healthy food ideas at WW?

mjkc135 said:
I am on the flex plan and getting so discouraged that I am considering giving up.

Don't they have support groups with WW who help out those who feel discouraged?

mjkc135 said:
If anyone has food suggestions or any words of wisdom I would really appreciate it.

Well - I hope you're not spending much money on WW because it doesn't sound like they're offering you much if they're not giving you support, food ideas, and advice.

The main thing that I would tell you is - avoid all processed foods. If you can't find it in nature the way you cook it, then don't put it in your mouth. This includes all junk food and most side dishes you find in the store.

There are a million vegatable stands on the sides of the road around here selling apples, strawberries, corn on the cob, string beans, cucumbers, squash - it's all cheap, and it's all easy to come by.

Buy it - and eat it.

Stay away from restaraunts - except maybe subway, they have good subs - and the junk food aisle in stores.

A good breakfast is one serving of fruit and maybe a granola bar or toast. Then for lunch - get a sandwich (lay off the mayo) and another fruit. Then for dinner, one plate of food - like stir-fry and rice.

That might be too carby for some people, so adapt that to what you feel comfortable with. Important thing is: don't adopt a diet you're uncomfortable with. If you don't like your diet, you won't stick to it.

Try to find a diet that you would like to follow even if you weren't trying to lose weight. Then moderate your portions so that they're healthy.

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
Once I get back on the treadmill and do that 3-4 times a week, the weight comes off easily. I hate fruits and veggies, but will cut down on portions and add them to my diet. Also, try the non-fat dressings for salads. Some are quite good, some suck.

K

Katie

I have done WW for 4 years now, and am 10 lbs from my ww goal, and 20 from my personal goal. I have lost 100 lbs over the course of 4 years.

I was doing flex for the longest time, but just recently switched to CORE last week.

I find a lot of recipes on the WW website, and register for the e-tools. That will give you access to the Community Recipe Swap.

My guiltless strawberry pie, is 1 point for 1/4 of it, and 4 for the whole thing.

I also make soups on the weekends and bring them to work. Tmoorrow I am taking my tomatoes and making CORE tomato sauce for the winter.

I focus on fruits, veggies, whole grains and lean proteins. I occasionally have a treat I admit it, but it is not a diet for me.

I also exercise on a regular basis. I hit the gym, walk my dog, ride my bike, run, swim, and I will be starting tap dancing lessons soon.