Hey Katie, you'd be proud...

forever jewel

Green Eyed Lady
I bought a cheaper, older women's road bike about a week ago and took it to Mike's Bike shop to get a few parts fixed. I've ridden it a couple times this week and today rode over 13 miles :yay: I feel so accomplished!!! I love it! :huggy:

Lugnut

I'm Rick James #####!
forever jewel said:
I bought a cheaper, older women's road bike about a week ago and took it to Mike's Bike shop to get a few parts fixed. I've ridden it a couple times this week and today rode over 13 miles :yay: I feel so accomplished!!! I love it! :huggy:

No idea who Katie is but... :yay: Keep it up!!!

Midnightrider

forever jewel said:

AND, you didn't even come close to wrecking yesterday either :whistle:
Before you know it you are going to be riding twice that, easy. Keep up the good work. :wink:

forever jewel

Green Eyed Lady
Midnightrider said:
AND, you didn't even come close to wrecking yesterday either :whistle:
Before you know it you are going to be riding twice that, easy. Keep up the good work. :wink:

:high5:

Once I'm fully conditioned and have improved my stamina/endurance, I'll ride circles around you :yay:

forever jewel

Green Eyed Lady
I'm seeing inches melt off my legs! Its glorious :biggrin: 85 miles on my bike in one week! I think I've found my fitness exercise!

All thanks to MR :love:

Nicole_in_somd

How you like me now?
forever jewel said:
I'm seeing inches melt off my legs! Its glorious :biggrin: 85 miles on my bike in one week! I think I've found my fitness exercise!

That is so awesome! I would love to ride a bike but I can never find a seat that is comfortable. Good job!

forever jewel

Green Eyed Lady
Nicole_in_somd said:
That is so awesome! I would love to ride a bike but I can never find a seat that is comfortable. Good job!

:huggy:

That's how I felt, especially when I went on a 24.5 mil ride a week or so ago. But I tried out a pair of cycling shorts with a gel padding (today actually) and it works like a charm!!! Highly recommend it! :yay: :yay:

Lugnut

I'm Rick James #####!
forever jewel said:

Once you've gotten your "wind" try some intervals on the bike. To start, try sprinting for 30 seconds, then pedal nice and easy for 30 seconds, repeat a few times then continue your leisurely ride.

The sprinting makes for some stunning legs :wink: and has the added benefit of jumpstarting the metabolism.

forever jewel

Green Eyed Lady
Lugnut said:
Once you've gotten your "wind" try some intervals on the bike. To start, try sprinting for 30 seconds, then pedal nice and easy for 30 seconds, repeat a few times then continue your leisurely ride.

The sprinting makes for some stunning legs :wink: and has the added benefit of jumpstarting the metabolism.

I'll have to try that! I was planning on riding this morning, but the rain is holding me up.

Midnightrider

forever jewel said:
I'll have to try that! I was planning on riding this morning, but the rain is holding me up.
wuss :wink: you gonna let a little rain keep you inside?

J/k i wouldn't worry so much about the wetness as the limited visibility for the drives around you

K

Katie

The gel bike shorts make a huge difference in comfort level!!

I wouldn't ride in the rain either. I am hoping to ride tomorrow, but who knows with the weather.

forever jewel

Green Eyed Lady
With the rain, also comes a high chance that I'll get sick...so I'd rather not exert myself in the rain. Better off spinning at the gym when the cats and dogs fall :huggy:

forever jewel

Green Eyed Lady
Midnightrider said:
wuss :wink: you gonna let a little rain keep you inside?

J/k i wouldn't worry so much about the wetness as the limited visibility for the drives around you

Wuss? That's your opinion, which is usually wrong :smack:

j/k :huggy:

Daffy

Nicole_in_somd said:

There are a few things you can do to fix this, padded shorts (as was recommended), a gel seat cover, a seat that is specifically designed for women, or a combination. I have a seat that was designed for women (available at any bike shop) and use padded shorts. Makes riding MUCH more comfortable.