Mirena

virgovictoria

Tight Pants and Lipstick
PREMO Member
Well, ladies... I am rapidly approaching 36 and have been on BCPs for almost 19 years... Given that I am a smoker and have been advised against attempting pregnancy, my gynocologist and I needed to instill another route of birth control (in lieu of sterilization).

So, today, I had the Mirena put in place!

This option is not for everyone, but we decided it is the best for me. I decided to start this thread to share the knowledge as I did not know IUDs were still being used widely and that it's a viable option covered by insurance.

And, I was also hoping to come across some others who have had the same one and can tell me what to expect (this has progesterone).

And finally, if anyone was in the waiting room at Dr. :gossip: office and heard screaming, I have a slippery cervix and the doc had to use heavy duty tools to get that sucker in place! :dead:

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
Interesting. I've never heard of it before until now. Do you have to do any self-maintenance to make sure it is still in place or anything?

virgovictoria said:
And finally, if anyone was in the waiting room at Dr. :gossip: office and heard screaming, I have a slippery cervix and the doc had to use heavy duty tools to get that sucker in place! :dead:
Did he have to burp your device like a piece of Tupperware...:dead:

Chasey_Lane said:
Interesting. I've never heard of it before until now. Do you have to do any self-maintenance to make sure it is still in place or anything?

Maybe it works like a Diva cup.

oldman

Lobster Land
virgovictoria said:
I have a slippery cervix and the doc had to use heavy duty tools to get that sucker in place! :dead:

I'm going to have some sweet dreams of VV tonight.

virgovictoria

Tight Pants and Lipstick
PREMO Member
Chasey_Lane said:
Actually, yeah - periodically check for the threads.... :shrug:

virgovictoria

Tight Pants and Lipstick
PREMO Member
kwillia said:
Did he have to burp your device like a piece of Tupperware...:dead:
No, but she did have to talk me off of the ceiling - slowly releasing my claws from the ceiling tiles....

:whistle: I did tell her that she ought to be glad that I didn't have voodoo dolls at home in her image....

virgovictoria

Tight Pants and Lipstick
PREMO Member
Chasey_Lane said:
p.s. She also said to just have :gossip: check for them every once in a while - you know.... if he's down there for anything.... :really:

virgovictoria said:
What? :shrug: She was making a funny! Gotta like that in a doc who has you in a compromising position! :roflmao:
Yeah, but now all I can think about is :gossip: using your cootchie for storage...:dead:

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
virgovictoria said:
p.s. She also said to just have :gossip: check for them every once in a while - you know.... if he's down there for anything.... :really:
Really? I know someone who is down there every once in a while...you know...:shrug:

virgovictoria

Tight Pants and Lipstick
PREMO Member
Chasey_Lane said:
Really? I know someone who is down there every once in a while...you know...:shrug:
I figure it's only fair, since I took one for the team, right? :shrug:

virgovictoria

Tight Pants and Lipstick
PREMO Member
kwillia said:
Maybe you should PM :gossip: and have him snap a pic next time he heads down there to pick up his wallet and keys.
And his blackberry... and his cellphone... and his badge.... and his business cards....

yeah, yeah.... ha ha.... :rolleyes:

:coffee:

:razz: