Another eyeshadow question?

fttrsbeerwench

For years I have stuck with the same rule for applying eyeshadow, medium color on the lid, dark color in the crease and lightest color on the brow bone.
I've seen different methods of applying colors, but none of them seem to work right, say to make the effect more dramatic but not "clowny".
I've seen some who go with vertical stripes, using the lighter colors on the inside and the darker ones on the outside.
What routine do you ladies use when applying shadow?

Somdmommy

:Jeepin' in NC:
fttrsbeerwench said:
For years I have stuck with the same rule for applying eyeshadow, medium color on the lid, dark color in the crease and lightest color on the brow bone.
I've seen different methods of applying colors, but none of them seem to work right, say to make the effect more dramatic but not "clowny".
I've seen some who go with vertical stripes, using the lighter colors on the inside and the darker ones on the outside.
Same as you...

Medium lid, Dark crease, and light at the brow.

CandyRain

fttrsbeerwench said:

I do medium on the lid, dark from the middle of the crease and around to the outside of the bottom lid and then highlighter from the bottom of the inside corner up and across the top of my brow. :diva:

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
I never ever wear that much eyeshadow. :faint: I either wear a very light shimmery/translucent white, peach, lilac, pink right on the browbone or I wear a single color right on the lid applied with a brush for a more natural look.

I don't have the coordination to do the whole tri-color effect thing. I'd fudge it up and look like a clown for sure. :lmao:

jwwb2000

pretty black roses
Here lately, I have just been sticking with one color on the lid to the crease, then with a darker color, I use that as a liner for upper and lower lid. Then if I feel like it, I will take a little bronzer and hit the brow bone.

fttrsbeerwench

If I'm just going to lunch or out shopping, I only wear shadow on the lid, eyeliner and lip balm.

When I go out, it's always the same routine. I also used to religiously wear copper eyeshadow with chocolate in the crease and pale shimmery yellow on the brow.

Then I discovered how much lavender and plum made the green of my eyes stand out more. So now I'm hooked on that.. I wish I could stand to wear green, but it looks so gawdy:barf:

I've tried using black and grey, but it just doesn't work for me either.

jwwb2000

pretty black roses
fttrsbeerwench said:
If I'm just going to lunch or out shopping, I only wear shadow on the lid, eyeliner and lip balm.

When I go out, it's always the same routine. I also used to religiously wear copper eyeshadow with chocolate in the crease and pale shimmery yellow on the brow.

Then I discovered how much lavender and plum made the green of my eyes stand out more. So now I'm hooked on that.. I wish I could stand to wear green, but it looks so gawdy:barf:

I've tried using black and grey, but it just doesn't work for me either.

Try the new Almay sets to enhance your eye color. It takes the guessing out of what goes well with this or that color.

fttrsbeerwench

I saw those and loved the colors. Plus it's Hypo-allergenic so I'm sure I won't break out in hives from it:frown:

I wish I had time to sit down and play dress up like when I was a kid( and a teen,and a young adult:lmao:), slather a ton of makeup on and spend two hours re-doing it to see what looks good and what doesn't:lol: