Classroom dresscode

fttrsbeerwench

What does a 31 year old woman wear to school??

Can I get away with sweats and a ball cap?:yawn: I hate mornings:ohwell:

Backpack and saddle shoes? :dance:

Is there a nap time?

:lol:

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Most classes are pretty casual now. I think jeans and tennies with a nice shirt, not a t-shirt, would be appropriate.

BTW - good luck on your journey. It will be well worth it in the end. :cheers:

S

starr

You can go in just about anything. Nobody pays any attention.

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
fttrsbeerwench said:
Can I get away with sweats

Women should NEVER :nono: wear sweats out in public (unless you're exercising). The same goes for over-sized stained t-shirts. :barf:

A nice pair of jeans and a casual t-shirt are fine. :yay:

fttrsbeerwench

Nanny Pam said:
well, don't wear a mini-skirt with a thong.

j/k

:huggy:

Nah Nan, I"ll save that for when I take my 9 year old to Walmart, that way we can dress alike:jet:

I think I can handle the casual cool thing. I am a bit of a tom boy, so I might sneak a hoodie or a ball cap in there on days when my 'fro is super bushy.:yay:
Ofcourse, I"ll be wearing my college shirt collection. Classy items like the one that says, " PARTY TRAINED" and "TASTES LIKE CHICKEN"... Maybe even a Grateful Dead T from time to time.

:notgirlyenoughaccordingtomig:

Roberta

OLD WISE ONE
Sharon said:
Women should NEVER :nono: wear sweats out in public (unless you're exercising). The same goes for over-sized stained t-shirts. :barf:

Who holds the higher rank in the Fashion Police, you or Wenchy? :killingme

fttrsbeerwench

Roberta said:
Who holds the higher rank in the Fashion Police, you or Wenchy? :killingme

Yeah, that Wenchy is one classy broad.. She can tell sme what to wear..
In all likelihood, I'll be wearing overalls and flip flops at least once a week.:ohwell:

I hate to dress up.. I have this stinking wedding to go to next month.. I hate heels and rarely wear dresses.. I bought a decent pair of dress shoes last week that are flat and easy to get off, but I have no idea what to buy to go with them.:frown:

:admittedfashionvictim:

virgovictoria

Tight Pants and Lipstick
PREMO Member
fttrsbeerwench said:
Yeah, that Wenchy is one classy broad.. She can tell sme what to wear..
In all likelihood, I'll be wearing overalls and flip flops at least once a week.:ohwell:

I hate to dress up.. I have this stinking wedding to go to next month.. I hate heels and rarely wear dresses.. I bought a decent pair of dress shoes last week that are flat and easy to get off, but I have no idea what to buy to go with them.:frown:

:admittedfashionvictim:

Listen, if you take the time to feel good about yourself, then you will feel better all around. Respect what you're wearing and your outer image as it says that you are taking care of your inner self :yay: It will show in multitudes in how you'll be respected in return, not to mention how much more you'll be awake and ready to learn! :flowers:

fttrsbeerwench

virgovictoria said:
Listen, if you take the time to feel good about yourself, then you will feel better all around. Respect what you're wearing and your outer image as it says that you are taking care of your inner self :yay: It will show in multitudes in how you'll be respected in return, not to mention how much more you'll be awake and ready to learn! :flowers:

:lol: Ask anyone who knows me, I do my own thing. I was dressing like a beatnik before it became cute to wear long, flared skirts and dressed country before everyone and their mother went out and bought a Walmart cowboy hat. I was floored when the rockabilly style got so trendy, since I still had my polka dotted halter dresses and chunky heeled shoes..:lmao:

What's popular doesn't concern me.. I feel fine in just about whatever I wear. I just like to know what I'm walking in to because I would hate to show up to class in something distracting. I'm not a high maintenance chick, with a hair-do, manicure and a Neiman Marcus suit. I'm just me, and sometimes me is a bit off the wall.:biggrin:

:flowers:

virgovictoria

Tight Pants and Lipstick
PREMO Member
fttrsbeerwench said:
:lol: Ask anyone who knows me, I do my own thing. I was dressing like a beatnik before it became cute to wear long, flared skirts and dressed country before everyone and their mother went out and bought a Walmart cowboy hat. I was floored when the rockabilly style got so trendy, since I still had my polka dotted halter dresses and chunky heeled shoes..:lmao:

What's popular doesn't concern me.. I feel fine in just about whatever I wear. I just like to know what I'm walking in to because I would hate to show up to class in something distracting. I'm not a high maintenance chick, with a hair-do, manicure and a Neiman Marcus suit. I'm just me, and sometimes me is a bit off the wall.:biggrin:

:flowers:

I totally understand. What I'm saying is, when trying to learn or starting a really desired job, etc, I have found, for me, that if I take time to feel good about me (which you say you do already), then I tend to do well with what I am taking on.

Best of luck with school!!! :dance:

bcp

In My Opinion
fttrsbeerwench said:
What does a 31 year old woman wear to school??

Can I get away with sweats and a ball cap?:yawn: I hate mornings:ohwell:

Backpack and saddle shoes? :dance:

Is there a nap time?

:lol:
at 31 you might want to think about a GED.
the 15 year olds are going to make fun of you no matter what you wear.

Cowgirl

Women shouldn't wear sweats in public?!!!!! :roflmao:

I think that was the school uniform when I was in college.... Or just PJ pants, a tee, and ball cap. I mean, some times it was just too much effort to actually get dressed in real clothes!