Charley Horse

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
So, I'm getting out of my pool on Saturday and I get this HUGE Charley-horse cramp in my leg and am forced to flip on my back and hold the leg against the side, moaning, and two days later the calf is still hurting and hard to walk on. I got on the treadmill today and did almost two miles, but going DOWN the stairs is a killer. WTF? Any advice on how to make it stop hurting? I've used Ben-Gay to no avail.

Catt, Otter, Pete and 1bdz are not allowed to comment on this thread. TIA

onebdzee

off the shelf
BS Gal said:
So, I'm getting out of my pool on Saturday and I get this HUGE Charley-horse cramp in my leg and am forced to flip on my back and hold the leg against the side, moaning, and two days later the calf is still hurting and hard to walk on. I got on the treadmill today and did almost two miles, but going DOWN the stairs is a killer. WTF? Any advice on how to make it stop hurting? I've used Ben-Gay to no avail.

And why are WE singled out? :eyebrow:

W

Wenchy

Get in a warm tub, drink a tablespoon of red cider vinegar and eat a banana.

How's that?

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
onebdzee said:
And why are WE singled out? :eyebrow:
Because you've seen the "pool." Swear to God I was like a friggin drowning person. I was howling. T was taking a nap. I barely survived.

Last edited:

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
Wenchy said:
Get in a warm tub, drink a tablespoon of red cider vinegar and eat a banana.

How's that?
I did the banana thing. Some website said to put salt on your tongue when it happens. Like I could get to the salt when it happened. I'll do the red cider vinegar thing, if I can without puking. I'm a puker. Thanks, Wenchy. :huggy:

onebdzee

off the shelf
BS Gal said:
Because you've seen the "pool." Swear to God I was like a friggin drowing person. I was howling. T was taking a nap. I barely survived.

You sure he was napping and not taking video :killingme

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
onebdzee said:
You sure he was napping and not taking video :killingme
I'm sure. He didn't come out with the camera laughing his ass off. Ya think he would have come out with all the moaning I was doing, just to see if I was alone. :lmao:

FireBrand

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
BS Gal said:

So Let's Recap,
Charley made it hurt and Ben Gay could'nt help.......

RoMary

try this

BS Gal said:

drink some quinnine water every night before bedtime to avoid getting a charley horse in the future.

onebdzee

off the shelf
BS Gal said:
I did the banana thing. Some website said to put salt on your tongue when it happens. Like I could get to the salt when it happened. I'll do the red cider vinegar thing, if I can without puking. I'm a puker. Thanks, Wenchy. :huggy:

OK....as a person that use to(notice I said use to) move furniture, I would get leg cramps all the time till a friend of mine said to try the "Fritos and water thing"

What is the "Fritos and water thing" you ask....well, if you start to cramp up eat a couple of handfuls of Fritos(yes, the corn chips) and drink a couple of glasses of water

How does it work, you ask....when you get a cramp, your muscle is telling you that it needs water(and yes, it can happen in a pool)....well, the Fritos have a high salt content in them and your body needs salt to help it retain water....so, by eating the Fritos and drinking the water you are giving the muscle the ability to retain the water that it is in need of and the cramp will go away within about a half hour or so :biggrin:

W

Wenchy

BS Gal said:
I did the banana. I can't stand the squishy fruit, so I had to gag it down. All I have is apple cider vinegar. I can't get past the smell.

Hold your nose and slam it. :buddies: