You've all seen..

sockgirl77

The obese kids on Maury, right? Well, I just saw one at WaWa's with his very overweight mother. He looked about 6 or 7ish. About 4'6ish and a good 170 pounds or so. In his hands were a Mountain Dew, Stuffed Cream Cheese preztel, and bag of chips. At the time, my only thought was DAYUM, how could a mother let her child get that way. As, I drove back to the office I thought about it more. I began to feel sorry for the child. How could his mom let him get like that? Was it because she's lazy? Was it because she doesn't know any better? Or was it because she sees nothing wrong with it?
Sorry for posting this but I can't get this poor "little" boy out of my head. I feel sorry for the road ahead of him. I can imagine that he gets teased by the kids at school. He's probably going to have tons of health issues such as diabetes, asthma, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, etc... It reminds me of this TLC show, Honey, we're killing the kids

What do you all think?

itsbob

I bowl overhand
sockgirl77 said:
The obese kids on Maury, right? Well, I just saw one at WaWa's with his very overweight mother. He looked about 6 or 7ish. About 4'6ish and a good 170 pounds or so. In his hands were a Mountain Dew, Stuffed Cream Cheese preztel, and bag of chips. At the time, my only thought was DAYUM, how could a mother let her child get that way. As, I drove back to the office I thought about it more. I began to feel sorry for the child. How could his mom let him get like that? Was it because she's lazy? Was it because she doesn't know any better? Or was it because she sees nothing wrong with it?
Sorry for posting this but I can't get this poor "little" boy out of my head. I feel sorry for the road ahead of him. I can imagine that he gets teased by the kids at school. He's probably going to have tons of health issues such as diabetes, asthma, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, etc... It reminds me of this TLC show, Honey, we're killing the kids

What do you all think?

They should arrest the mother for child abuse.. at 7 he's not fat by HIS choice

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
And you know dayum well that she's seen all those Maury shows, seeing as she is probably sitting at home ready to down a 1/2 gallon on mint chocolate chip ice cream and a 2 ltr bottle of Mountain Dew, wondering when she'll eat her next 18-box of KFC chicken.

Some people. Geesh.

TexasPride77

Eat More Beef, Less Chkn
rack'm said:
YEP, the acorn doesn't fall far from the tree. :ohwell:

True....true. I think it is an act of neglect on the parent's end if their children are obese. They are the ones who are responsible for the health and welfare of their children. Blaming HS lunch lines are a cop-out excuse for their failings as a parent to care for their children properly. Don’t get me wrong, the foods served in the lunch lines needed to be revised so that it would be ensured that healthy foods are served. When I went to HS, there were 2 lines... the regular food line and the fast line which you could only paid cash for. I saw more students (even those on assistance as I was at the time) forking over green to avoid the cafeteria "slop" (which I found to be just fine)

Anyways, there’s my 2 cents...

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
sockgirl77 said:

What do you all think?

When dining out with his mother, they should be seated in a seperate section of the restaurant and served a "bunny food" diet plate. I don't want to see them drool when they notice what yummy delights I'm having or hear them complain about how unhealthy my after-dinner smoke is. :lol:

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
itsbob said:
They should arrest the mother for child abuse.. at 7 he's not fat by HIS choice
I agree. Barring some severe disorder (I saw a girl on Dr. Phil the other day who had Prader-Willi syndrome) there is absolutely no excuse for letting your child get that big. It's setting them up for failure later in life; physically, emotionally, and socially.

jaie

So happy!
My half sister just turned 11 in June. I think she is close to 5' and weights like 160 or so. I hate it. It makes me very sad to she her like that but my Mom and Stepdad won't make her eat right. She is going to die young if she keeps going down the path she is on right now.

W

Wenchy

sockgirl77 said:
What do you all think?

I'm wondering what the boy's daddy looks like. :whistle:

Seriously. If this woman is not on government assistance, I don't give a darn. She can stuff her face all she wants, and I will look away.

It's a shame about the FAT kid, but there's a lot of sadness in the world.

sockgirl77

TexasPride77 said:
True....true. I think it is an act of neglect on the parent's end if their children are obese. They are the ones who are responsible for the health and welfare of their children. Blaming HS lunch lines are a cop-out excuse for their failings as a parent to care for their children properly. Don’t get me wrong, the foods served in the lunch lines needed to be revised so that it would be ensured that healthy foods are served. When I went to HS, there were 2 lines... the regular food line and the fast line which you could only paid cash for. I saw more students (even those on assistance as I was at the time) forking over green to avoid the cafeteria "slop" (which I found to be just fine)

Anyways, there’s my 2 cents...
Schools can still serve slop. Hell, I ate it growing up and wasn't fat until I was fat by choice. Mommy should just pack a healthier lunch if her kid is overweight. BTW, it's not what you eat, it's how much. The kids aren't going to get fat from eating square pizza, corn, and mashed taters. The kids are going to get fat from eating too much square pizza, corn, and mashed taters followed by a recess of sitting down playing Gameboy. That's the problem. I used to run and play. I rode my bike outside. I chased boys. I rollerskated. I skateboarded. I swam. I only watched TV for maybe an hour a day.

Last edited: