My cat is fat

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
The two cats who go outside are in great shape, but the Baby Kitty isn't allowed out and he's starting to look larval. What do you do about a fat cat? Is there some way I could exercise him? He doesn't seem particularly inclined to exercise on his own by playing or running around.

:frown:

Mikeinsmd

vraiblonde said:
The two cats who go outside are in great shape, but the Baby Kitty isn't allowed out and he's starting to look larval. What do you do about a fat cat? Is there some way I could exercise him? He doesn't seem particularly inclined to exercise on his own by playing or running around. :frown:
He prolly sits around playin on he boards all day. :shrug:

Cowgirl

Do you limit his food intake? Try that long with a reduced calorie food. We just adoped a cat about 2 months ago..he weighed 20lbs. He was a bowling ball. He went on a diet and has lost a little weight...maybe 2 or 3 lbs.

virgovictoria

Tight Pants and Lipstick
PREMO Member
vraiblonde said:
The two cats who go outside are in great shape, but the Baby Kitty isn't allowed out and he's starting to look larval. What do you do about a fat cat? Is there some way I could exercise him? He doesn't seem particularly inclined to exercise on his own by playing or running around.

I have a dog that would make the PERFECT companion for your cat...

although she is quite the huntress and can be fast when she wants to be, she simply chooses to be lazy, even though she's exercised frequently.... :ohwell:

( often, Kyle has to chase her around the fields we go to, just to get her to run :lol: )

But, she likes to chase animals that are smaller than her and I'm SURE Baby Kitty would probably run the first time or two... This is where I think they'd be made for each other! :smoochy:

:shrug: :tomandjerrybutdogandcat:

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
vraiblonde said:

Different food. But you don't want to hear that. :neener:

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
vraiblonde said:

Take him in the bedroom, close the door and start vacuuming.

TN_CatAndVacuumCleaner.JPG

Shut it off when he makes 12 laps.

Last edited:

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
How about going to the pet store and bringing home a few mice? Cat's are natural-born hunters, and maybe all he needs is some incentive to run? :huggy:
:)runningforcover:)

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
virgovictoria said:
But, she likes to chase animals that are smaller than her and I'm SURE Baby Kitty would probably run the first time or two... This is where I think they'd be made for each other!
Well, see, this is why Baby isn't allowed out - he's too dumb and has no fear instincts. He'd just sit there and let your dog eat him, or whatever - but there would be no chasing because there wouldn't be a chasee. :lol:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
cattitude said:
Different food. But you don't want to hear that.
But how do I get him to eat just his food and not the food that belongs to the other cats? :confused:

It's like "they" say each cat should have their own litter box, but I could never figure out how to get the cats to stop crapping in each others' box, so I said forget it.

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
vraiblonde said:
But how do I get him to eat just his food and not the food that belongs to the other cats? :confused:

It's like "they" say each cat should have their own litter box, but I could never figure out how to get the cats to stop crapping in each others' box, so I said forget it.

Have you PM'd Dems yet? She probably has an answer for you..........:whistle:

Club'nBabySeals

Where are my pants?
I have six indoor-only cats, and I swear the only thing that keeps them from beaching themselves is the $8 laser pointer I bought at Target. They would chase that thing all day long if they could.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Club'nBabySeals said:
I have six indoor-only cats, and I swear the only thing that keeps them from beaching themselves is the $8 laser pointer I bought at Target. They would chase that thing all day long if they could.
That's a great idea! I'm going to get one of those.

SoftballCrazy

vraiblonde said:

The vet told me to separate my cats in different rooms during feed times (so each only eats what is in their bowl), and take the food up after 15 or 20 minutes...

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Club'nBabySeals said:

:yay: My kitties absolutely LOVE the laser pointer. They also love the wand with the feathers on a string. The male cat can get going so much he'll start panting. Kitty aerobics! :lol:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
He's not fat...

vraiblonde said:

...he's just...big boned.