cooking, and the honesty of kids.

Ponytail

With the power being out this weekend in certain parts of the world and me never really losing power, I had the opportunity to cook breakfast for the g/f and her kids. Since they enjoyed my grandmothers Belgian waffles so much a few months ago, and i have the recipe, I offered to make them. thekids were overjoyed at the idea. :yay:

The first batch went in the trash. griddle wasn't hot enough, and the waffles had the consitancy of chewing gum.

Second batch, looked great, tasted good to me, but still not like Grandma's. Served them up.

Results:
13 yr old female: "I don't like them" I asked why. she said" I dunno. I just don't like them."

9 year old female: She ate two bites and said that "she was full, but that they were good."

6 year old boy: Cleaned his plate! I'm thinking "Success!". he says: "I didn't like it cuz when I breathed out it smells like shrimp and I don't like shrimp." :ohwell:

:lmao:

Last edited:

Pete

Repete
Ponytail said:
With the power being out this weekend in certain parts of the world and me never really losing power, I had the opportunity to cook breakfast for the g/f and her kids. Since they enjoyed my grandmothers Belgian waffles so much a few months ago, and i have the recipe, I offered to make them. thekids were overjoyed at the idea. :yay:

The first batch went in the trash. griddle wasn't hot enough, and the waffles had the consitancy of chewing gum.

Second batch, looked great, tasted good to me, but still not like Grandma's. Served them up.

Results:
13 yr old female: "I don't like them" I asked why. she said" I dunno. I just don't like them."

9 year old female: She ate two bites and said that "she was full, but that they were good."

6 year old boy: Cleaned his plate! I'm thinking "Success!". he says: "I didn't like it cuz when I breathed out it smells like shrimp and I don't like shrimp." :ohwell:

:lmao:
Maybe you should have paid a little more attention in the "mandatory" Home Ec. classes back in Philly eh?

Next time cut back on how many shrimp you put in the waffle batter :yay:

Ponytail

Pete said:
Maybe you should have paid a little more attention in the "mandatory" Home Ec. classes back in Philly eh?

Next time cut back on how many shrimp you put in the waffle batter :yay:

:lol: There weren't any shrimp in the waffle batter. But, back in GA, I tried making a Shrimp Marinara for Spaghetti for the girlfriend...never tried THAT recipe again. :lol:

For the waffles though, I made a third batch for myself and the g/f and the oldest child tried another one, and all were accpetable, though admittedly, still not like grandmas.

Do we have a kitchen/cooking supply store around here besides Target?

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
While we're on the subject of kids and honesty. My little Emmy sounds just like her grandma.

Yesterday, my daughter was out shopping and son-in-law was with the kids. He got called into work and he had to take them with him and then go by the grocery store. My grandson starting protesting..he didn't want to go to the grocery store. So, grandson suggested they flip a coin. My son-in-law said it wasn't open for negotiation and grandson continued to insist on the coin flip. Finally, son-in-law said "how 'bout I flip your head" to which my darling, 6-year old granddaughter replied "how 'bout I flip your ass."

JabbaJawz

Be about it
cattitude said:
Yesterday, my daughter was out shopping and son-in-law was with the kids. He got called into work and he had to take them with him and then go by the grocery store. My grandson starting protesting..he didn't want to go to the grocery store. So, grandson suggested they flip a coin. My son-in-law said it wasn't open for negotiation and grandson continued to insist on the coin flip. Finally, son-in-law said "how 'bout I flip your head" to which my darling, 6-year old granddaughter replied "how 'bout I flip your ass."

:killingme

Ponytail

cattitude said:
While we're on the subject of kids and honesty. My little Emmy sounds just like her grandma.

:lmao: Sounds just like my cousins darling lil kids. :lol:

Goobergrl6

cattitude said:

:lmao: Way to go grandson! Can't argue with that!