Well crap

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
I just used the Clairol Natural Instincts, 28 day hair color, Hazlenut. I've used is before and my hair turns out fine. Well, this time I have BLACK hair. That happened once before with this product. Now what? My husband says I look like Joan Jett. Yeah, that's the look I was going for. :lmao:

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
cattitude said:
Play out the fantasy :shrug:
Thanks for that. He was already heading that way. OMG, it's awful. Maybe hormonal or something. This has happened before. I think there is a pissed off employee at Clairol, switching the forumlas around. This is so not funny.

Just go for it. :shrug:

Joan Jett's Style of Beauty
Quick Tip

During the 80's Joan Jett was front and center in the music industry and her style helped to keep her there. She loved her smokey eyes, not to mention her leather outfit. Many have copied her particular style over the years.
How To Look Like Joan Jett

Hair: a long shag... preferably dark in color. This is where wigs can come in really handy.

Eyes: definitely smokey. I have listed a how-to above.

Cheeks: softer so that they wouldn't compete with her eyes, but enough to warm up her skin tones.

Lips: stain the lips with a deep shade of color, but add no lip gloss. In the 80's, all emphasis was on Joan's eyes... perhaps taking the smoky look about as far as one could go.

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
BS Gal said:
Thanks for that. He was already heading that way. OMG, it's awful. Maybe hormonal or something. This has happened before. I think there is a pissed off employee at Clairol, switching the forumlas around. This is so not funny.

I colored my hair years ago with ...I can't remember ..starts with an F, I think. OMG! Otter was yelling LUCY!! LUCY!! in his best latin accent. :lol: I was mortified. If I get my hair colored, I let my stylist do it. She's great....she can fix yours too, if you'd like. She's in St. Leonard and she's very reasonable.

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
cattitude said:
I colored my hair years ago with ...I can't remember ..starts with an F, I think. OMG! Otter was yelling LUCY!! LUCY!! in his best latin accent. :lol: I was mortified. If I get my hair colored, I let my stylist do it. She's great....she can fix yours too, if you'd like. She's in St. Leonard and she's very reasonable.

I'm starting to kind of like it.........I feel all Joan Jett and can't wait until the comments tomorrow at work, like THEY'D notice. Actually, I'll just ride the bike on and wear my helmet all day. This is really funny.

Pete

Repete
joanjett.jpg

FireBrand

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
BS Gal said:
I just used the Clairol Natural Instincts, 28 day hair color, Hazlenut. I've used is before and my hair turns out fine. Well, this time I have BLACK hair. That happened once before with this product. Now what? My husband says I look like Joan Jett. Yeah, that's the look I was going for. :lmao:

Recent Joan Jett photo.........

Last edited:

Geek

BS Gal said:
I'm leaving it like it is. Crap.

If you decide to lighten it make sure you get a color with "ash" in the title. Anything with golden tones might make your hair orange. I have colored my hair awful shades of everything and sometimes have managed to correct it myself. This is one of my tried and true tips that is hit or miss sometimes. :lmao: Don't you feel like trusting me? I will shut up now. :jameo:

D

dems4me

BS Gal said:
I'm leaving it like it is. Crap.

OMG!! That happened to me two a few times... someone said there was too much henna or something or other in there... it is literally a dark color black but in light looks purple... I washed as much out as I could (about5 times) and then waited a few weeks (many, many, many washings in between) and recolored it. Good luck!

BrassieChic

BS Gal said:

Aww but Joan Jett was a hottie back in the day! :howdy: