Fruit makes me starve

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
:mad:

I thought I'd be good today so I brought some watermelon and a tropical fruitcup for breakfast. It was a good bit of food but one hour after I ate it, I was so hungry that I just ate my lunch, too.

Why doesn't fruit fill you up?????

Pete

Repete
vraiblonde said:

I thought I'd be good today so I brought some watermelon and a tropical fruitcup for breakfast. It was a good bit of food but one hour after I ate it, I was so hungry that I just ate my lunch, too.

Watermellon is 99.999999999999999999% water. You should try a banana to get filled up.

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
vraiblonde said:

You should try to incorporate protein into breakfast. Makes you less hungry thoughout the day. (and no comments from the men...)

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
cattitude said:
You should try to incorporate protein into breakfast. Makes you less hungry thoughout the day. (and no comments from the men...)

:yeahthat: Fruit with a cup of yogurt or cottage cheese will do the trick. :yay:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I'd rather have just the cottage cheese and forget the fruit. Normally I snub fruit because it annoys me, but today I thought I'd give it a shot.

What do you all eat for breakfast normally? I'm trying to get in the habit of eating in the morning - typically I don't eat until 11am or so.

BlackSheep

vraiblonde said:
I'd rather have just the cottage cheese and forget the fruit. Normally I snub fruit because it annoys me, but today I thought I'd give it a shot.
:killingme What, by having a skin, a peel, seeds??? :killingme

CandyRain

vraiblonde said:

What do you all eat for breakfast normally? I'm trying to get in the habit of eating in the morning - typically I don't eat until 11am or so.

:coffee: and a little snack around 10. Usually a couple pretzels, peanuts, or crackers.

If I decide to eat breakfast, it's a breakfast sandwich or eggs, bacon, corned beef hash and toast. :yum:

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
vraiblonde said:

When I'm being good...oatmeal and hardboiled egg....milk, cereal, fruit....morningstar farms sausage w/oatmeal or fruit... I do Weight Watchers so I have to get the points to work out.

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
vraiblonde said:
What do you all eat for breakfast normally?
I eat a banana almost everyday during the week, and usually toast or waffles on the weekends. Though I often make everyone egg and cheese sandwiches on weekends.

Sometimes I'll get hungry before my 11:00 lunch and if I do, I grab a pudding cup, some yogurt or fruit (usually cantaloupe). I also try to eat a fruit with lunch, and I've gotten into the habit of eating fruit as a late evening snack. Much better than a bowl of ice cream or a dozen cookies. :smile:

Chasey_Lane said:
I also try to eat a fruit with lunch, and I've gotten into the habit of eating fruit as a late evening snack. Much better than a bowl of ice cream or a dozen cookies. :smile:
Aaaaaa... but what if you dunk your dozen cookies into fruited ice cream?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
BlackSheep said:
What, by having a skin, a peel, seeds???
All of the above, plus it's squishy. Apples are okay, but I don't like peeling them and I'm definitely not eating the skin. :twitch:

A friend of mine peeled me a bunch of grapes once as a joke - it was like eating eyeballs. :dead:

SamSpade

vraiblonde said:
All of the above, plus it's squishy. Apples are okay, but I don't like peeling them and I'm definitely not eating the skin. :twitch:

A friend of mine peeled me a bunch of grapes once as a joke - it was like eating eyeballs. :dead:

Funny - when I eat an apple, all that's left is the stem.

forever jewel

Green Eyed Lady
vraiblonde said:

Guess fruit isn't your food then. If I was you and didn't like to eat the skins or deal with peeling them, etc, I would be very impatient! But as for me, I love fruit, and just as everyone else has recommended, a banana is probably the best fruit if you want to be full for more than a couple hrs. :yay:

Nanny Pam

SamSpade said:
Funny - when I eat an apple, all that's left is the stem.
My Dad does the same thing.

Me, I love watermelon. I ate 8 of them myself this summer and tonight I'm going to get another one.

I've lost 37 lbs this summer! :yahoo:

Pete

Repete
vraiblonde said:

You need a LL Bean apple peeler/corer. Works like magic.