Paybacks are a biiiiaaaaaaa!!

JabbaJawz

Be about it
I remember the good 'ol days of being in school and heading to bed in the evenings. Just before I'd fall asleep, I'd leap up in a fury remembering that I'd promised my Mom would bring in some cupcakes the next day. This happened at least 2 or 3x per school year...ooops! :lol:

Tomorrow is my daughter's birthday (7). I was in the kitchen all night preparing kabobs and cake for a small family get together that we're having tomorrow to celebrate. It was about 9pm and I was nearly finished cleaning up the kitchen and getting things back in order. That little hussy comes racing into the kitchen an hour after she'd been put to bed. She was freaking out that she just HAAADDDD to take a treat to school to share w/her class. Granted, I'd thought of this briefly earlier in the day but have been so overwhelmed w/some other issues that I just let it slide and figured she hadn't asked yet, and just said eff it. Well we barter back and forth and I figure that I don't even have any cake mix...but I do! So I make the damn cupcakes (who's Mom of the year...holllllllaaaaaaaaaaa!!!) and when I open the icing it looks all odd. Damn crap expired in '04...and I only just bought it a month or so ago. I get in the car (it's 9:45) and head to my Mom's to steal some icing b/c I can't possibly use the expired icing. My luck all the kids would end up with the raging trots and there would be a permanent note in my child's file to never accept shared treats from Mrs. C again. :killingme

Anyway, in short, payback in a mutha but the cupcakes are made. :yawn:

T

tikipirate

Artificial $h!t frosting never expires. Toss it in yer processor with a smidge of heavy cream, an egg yolk or two, and a double pat of cold butter.

Wanna be a champion? Make the kids some 'Top hats'!

Bake a few dozen chocolate cupcakes. Carve out a deep cone from each one. Then carve out another deep cone. Place the base cupcake, add whipped cream, stack the mid-level cake, add whipped cream, and top it with the err.. top hat. Sprinkle with confectioner's sugar. Maybe a toss of raw cocoa, depending upon the maturity of the tastes of the target audience.

Otter

Nothing to see here
Wait til your kids are a bit older and you're doing a science fair project at 2am on the day its due. :whistle:

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
otter said:
Wait til your kids are a bit older and you're doing a science fair project at 2am on the day its due. :whistle:

Thanks for the reminder. Until now, I had successfully repressed this wonderful memory. :lol:

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
This is when you say "Daughter, we'll stop at Giant on the way to school/daycare in the morning. Go back to bed." :whistle:

JabbaJawz

Be about it
I just couldn't do the Giant cupcake thing - it's not the same. :lol: I like to at least pretend to be Betty Crocker/Martha Stewart...even if it is only with a cake in a box and pre-made frosting. :lmao:

JabbaJawz

Be about it
cattitude said:
I love to hear stories like this. Makes being a mom of my age totally worthwhile. :lmao:

Yeah yeah...I always find it fun to call my parents during any such event. They take great delight in it. :lol:

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
JabbaJawz said:
I just couldn't do the Giant cupcake thing - it's not the same. :lol: I like to at least pretend to be Betty Crocker/Martha Stewart...even if it is only with a cake in a box and pre-made frosting. :lmao:

:yeahthat: It's much more fun to pile on more of our self-imposed stress and guilt. :biggrin:

Fudge 'n stuff...:frown: I just realized my 'goodies to school' days are over now that my baby is in middle school this year.

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
kwillia said:
Fudge 'n stuff...:frown: I just realized my 'goodies to school' days are over now that my baby is in middle school this year.

Oh, don't worry. Middle schoolers are way more fun. They learn to improvise and don't forget there's home ec or whatever they call it now. And boy can they be creative. My son was involved in a group effort. Chickie baked brownies in class (with added ingredient)...one boy brought the ex-lax and my intelligent son handed the brownies to the nerdy kid. Yep, sh!tty thing to do. :lol: AND my kid was the only one who got in trouble from the school.

meangirl

Nice lady!
otter said:

:killingme I'm still living those days! I must admit I've gotten quite good at doing them though.

ememdee19

Southern Beyotch
I'm surprised they haven't mandated a law in schools across the country yet...

SC has adapted a new state law which states, no more "sweets" in school, not even for special occassions such as b-days. When some of the parents asked what they could bring instead, the answer was fruit! I can understand wanting to teach young children the importance of healthy eating but why can't they make an exception for their special day? Or celebrate once a quarter, even. Who the hell eats fruit on their b-day?

josmom

Yes, Tell M happy birthday... God I can not believe that she is soo big...I remember those bright blue eyes, and the little curl pony tail on top of her head...You know what, I think that I still have that pic... The one with Her in black shoes, jean dress, and a red (Polka Dotted) Shirt... Hair in a red bow on the top of her head.. I will have to dig it out of my pic box when I get home, and look at it again...Little hussy! haha.. So big now... And good job on the cupcakes..I am sure that she will remember this!

JabbaJawz

Be about it
josmom said:
Yes, Tell M happy birthday... God I can not believe that she is soo big...I remember those bright blue eyes, and the little curl pony tail on top of her head...You know what, I think that I still have that pic... The one with Her in black shoes, jean dress, and a red (Polka Dotted) Shirt... Hair in a red bow on the top of her head.. I will have to dig it out of my pic box when I get home, and look at it again...Little hussy! haha.. So big now... And good job on the cupcakes..I am sure that she will remember this!

AAwwwwwww, that's my pig alright!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU, TOO!!!