Build-A-Bear

Terps

Has anyone had a child's birthday here or been to one? I think the concept is adorable and went into a store but havent actually made a bear. While I was in Build-A-Bear i saw they had a sweepstakes because they are making a movie out of Phyllis Reynolds Naylor's "Alice" book series. If a youngin' 8- 12 is into this series which I know is really popular, they can win a trip to the filming and she and her best friend can be extras. I thought this was a really cute idea. My god daughter would love this. Anyway, back to parties, ever been?

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I went with my daughters Brownie Troop last year and they had a ball. Go for it. :yay:

Oz

You're all F'in Mad...
A friend did that for her daughter and 7 or 8 friends last year at the Annapolis Mall Build-a-Bear. Highly recommended! :yay:

Nanny Pam

I was just invited to one. We'll see how it goes. I never heard of it so I have no idea what to expect.
What ever happened to plain old Pizza Hut birthday parties?

Now I have to go do research on "build a bear." :ohwell:

F

Fallen

Nanny Pam said:
Holy Crap~! That is expensive. $10.00 per person, the parent has to pay.
:yikes: I guess I am old fashioned. :ohwell:
C's birthday is in February so we always have to look for something to do since its too cold to do anything outside. $10 is not bad at all considering what it costs to have it at CEC or Explore-a-world or Heaven forbid, the zoo ($280) even McDonalds is about $100 for 10 kids now. Build-a-bear HAS to be better than McDonalds :lol:

Candle Lover said:
I noticed that there is someone in the Southern Maryland area that does Stuff a Friend.

Attachments

• mouthshut.gif
    mouthshut.gif
    4.1 KB · Views: 100

Terps

Fallen said:
C's birthday is in February so we always have to look for something to do since its too cold to do anything outside. $10 is not bad at all considering what it costs to have it at CEC or Explore-a-world or Heaven forbid, the zoo ($280) even McDonalds is about $100 for 10 kids now. Build-a-bear HAS to be better than McDonalds :lol:

I would much rather do Build-A-bear than McDonalds, so unhealthy for the kiddies. I did a little more research and i think its a precious, and a splurge every now and then i think is ok. Thanks for all of the responses. I wonder how this contest is coming along? I bet there are little girls all over this country who are entering the sweepstakes in hopes to win the part in that movie, LOL.