Mommy/Daddy And Me Type Groups

STL_RAMS

Does anyone know of any Mommy/Daddy and me groups on the area? Looking to find some playgroups for my daughter as she gets a little older.

Is there anything like Gymboree in the area to sign infants (o-6 months) up for classes at? I know that there is one class (a music class) offered at the SCC in Lusby but its at 9:30am which is a little early for my daughter.

Thanks.

CSA

Good luck! I tried finding a group that would accept a "stay at home Dad", but I was shunned by all "stay at home mommies". If you are a stay at home Mom, you shouldn't have any problems. There are many groups in the Southern Maryland area. Just do a simple search and you should find what you need. Good luck!

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
STL_RAMS said:
Is there anything like Gymboree in the area to sign infants (o-6 months) up for classes at? .
What exactly do they teach 0-6 month old kids? Are ther people that actually pay someone for like an hour of gym time for a 3 month old kid?

LordStanley

I know nothing
CSA said:
Good luck! I tried finding a group that would accept a "stay at home Dad", but I was shunned by all "stay at home mommies". If you are a stay at home Mom, you shouldn't have any problems. There are many groups in the Southern Maryland area. Just do a simple search and you should find what you need. Good luck!

why are you being shunned???

alex

There are several Moms CLubs groups in the area. They normally meet at the Lexington Park or Charlotte Hall libraries. You should check the library meeting room calendars for their next meeting.

KarenOT

What kinds of programs would you want? I'd love to open a family center down the road (read five years from now). That won't solve your problems, but if there are new programs developed in the future it may help someone else.

Do you know any other stay at home daddies? Or fathers that want to spend quality bonding time with their children? Arranging a small group at a mutual place-say the new Laurel Springs Park might be something that is fun for you and other fathers. Other ideas would be things like swimming lessons at CSM or yoga classes (One of the instructors at CSM is a male and he has his own studio) for parents and children.

CSA

All I'm looking for is a playgroup that meets maybe once or twice a week and all I find are SAHM groups that segregate against men. I simply want to socialize my children. I probably should should start my own thread.