Infant Daycare????

T

TamLynQ

Has anyone else noticed the lack of infant care here in St. Marys? I realize that home daycare providers are limited to how many infants they can take care. But there is a major need for more infant care (meaning 6 weeks to 2 years of age) I have a 3 and a half year old and one on the way due in August. I have found NOTHING so far at all. Alot of the ladies I know who are currently pregnant and some that recently had their babies have said the same thing. There is a real need for this and could make someone a very rich person if they were able to provide a facility for infants. Any suggestions, thoughts or opinions would be GREATLY appreciated!
Have a great afternoon.....
Tammy

T

TamLynQ

Well right now I make the most money in my house. I have 2 step sons we have every other week. I plan on taking off 12 weeks when the baby is born. TRUST ME Sergent if I COULD I would. We are still hoping and praying that could happen but my husbands current job, although pays well, does not offer health insurance so we need my job in order to provide that coverage.

JabbaJawz

Be about it
Originally posted by TamLynQ
Has anyone else noticed the lack of infant care here in St. Marys?

I don't have much advice in the way of recommendations, but completely agree that infant care is VERY hard to come by. The sitters are limited to 2 children under the age of 2 (and rightfully so...that alone is a handful), and those spots are usually filled or being held for parents who are pregnant and currently have toddlers at the same home daycare. My daughter stayed with her grandmother for her 1st year, and then started at a wonderful home daycare. I found her here on this website under the classifieds section. When she was 2 1/2 I put her in a preschool, which was MUCH easier to do since she was no longer in the infant category. Have you tried calling the Southern Maryland Childcare Resource Center? They'll actually sit on the phone with you and give you a ton of names of licensed providers that you can call. Good luck!

My ex has a new baby and his girlfriend goes back to work in 4 weeks - the dumb@ss hasn't even started looking for daycare yet. Boy are they in for a rude awakening...and he should know better.

jrogers

Originally posted by SxyPrincess
Where have you been hiding? :bubble:

That's confidential :rolleyes:

Just kidding - been really busy, but I do find time to check in from time to time.
Thanks for asking.
Its nice to see a warm welcome this time around. :cheers:

Dymphna

Loyalty, Friendship, Love
There was a bill in the general assembly a couple of years ago to change the definition of an infant to under 18 months instead of 2 yrs. The theory behind the rule is in case of emergancy, you can carry two children, but most kids can walk by 18 months. The bill flopped.

Southern Maryland Childcare Resource Center has a listing of all licensed providers in the tri-county area. Click here Unless you use a relative, do not use unlicensed day care. I did and regret it, fortunately nothing happened to my child but I heard some things about the woman later that worried me.
Not being allowed to advertise, I won't, but you can contact me here I think I can help you by the time you need it.