Cattamarans.....WTH??????

sinwagon

What is all the rave about this restaurant? We went there tonight for the first time after hearing people rave about it and the food was horrible! The worst crab dip I have ever eaten! How can you be a restaurant right on the bay in Solomons and in the state known for its crabs and call that crab dip!

The crab dip consisted of a bowl of crab meat with melted cheese on top. No substance, no cream cheese! HORRIBLE! I could go on about the rest of the food but why bother. I felt sorry for the poor waiter who was great and kept apologizing!!!! It wasn't his fault.

We definately won't be going back there again!

greyhound

sinwagon said:
What is all the rave about this restaurant? We went there tonight for the first time after hearing people rave about it and the food was horrible! The worst crab dip I have ever eaten! How can you be a restaurant right on the bay in Solomons and in the state known for its crabs and call that crab dip!

The crab dip consisted of a bowl of crab meat with melted cheese on top. No substance, no cream cheese! HORRIBLE! I could go on about the rest of the food but why bother. I felt sorry for the poor waiter who was great and kept apologizing!!!! It wasn't his fault.

Stoney's has the best crab dip!!!! Lots of cream cheese.

AK-74me

"Typical White Person"
sinwagon said:

Catamaran's is much better known for it's thugish nightlife than the food that gets served in it's restaurant. I have never heard anyone rave over Catamaran's food, IMO the only thing they are good for is happy hour but after dark the place goes down hill.

FireBrand

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
RoseRed said:
Cattamaran's has got to be the nastiest place to eat.

Yup, you're right !!!!! the food sux.
I heard that they just got smacked for
selling alcohol to minors.........

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
MMDad said:
It's not that bad, unless you mind things like rotten fish, raw chicken, or leathery steak.
and flies and no silverware and the kitchen catching on fire...

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
Quote:
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">Originally Posted by RoseRed
Cattamaran's has got to be the nastiest place to eat.
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Been there a number of times for the music/dancing and entertainment.

Food? Just once, and never did it again. Steak was leathery, salad was brown-edged, etc.

There are much better places on the island to get a good meal at.

OrneryPest

lower life form
We haven't been to Cata "Morons" in quite a while. The last time we were there, service was sluggish, they didn't have the primary ingredient for my wife's favorite drink, they couldn't serve the drinks right away anyhow because the bar had run out of glassware and they had to wait for the next load to come out of the dishwasher, the food was sorta okay but unimpressive, and it just felt more like a grease-dive than a real restaurant.

Pushrod

Patriot
We used to go there often for happy hour hotwings and the view. About a month and a half ago they nearly doubled the price of their happy hour wings and we told them that although the wings and the view were nice, they weren't THAT nice. So I doubt I will ever go back.

Last edited:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
There was a restaurant there before it was Catamaran's - Fisherman's Inn? They had pretty good food.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
sinwagon said:

Who the hell raved about Catamarans?? Were they older then say 22?

I've never heard anyone in here say anything good about their food..

fttrsbeerwench

The only good thing I ever got there was that 198 octane shooter they used to pour in your mouth from the top of the bar...If you hang around, the late night parties get better:wink:

OFcourse that was about 10 years ago, I don't go there anymore. 2:cool: