Need Suggestion: Tire repair place

SeaRide

Before I try pull the nail out of the tire on my car, I need to know where I can go to get a patch job done on the tire. Years ago I used to go to the Sunoco gas station for the tire patch job but they don't do it anymore. I was wondering if most garages follow suit or not.

I am not too keen on tire plug thing based on my experiences.

Any suggestion(s) are more than welcome.

Thanks
SR

Midnightrider

SeaRide said:
Before I try pull the nail out of the tire on my car, I need to know where I can go to get a patch job done on the tire. Years ago I used to go to the Sunoco gas station for the tire patch job but they don't do it anymore. I was wondering if most garages follow suit or not.

Thanks
SR
Curtis tire should be able to hook you up- its a locally owned business and in my experience he is honest

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
Lexington Park Exxon will do it, as well as Mr. Tire, both on Great Mills Rd.

See Brian or Chris at Mr. Tire, or Kevin at Lex Park Exxon.

CrashTest

You can buy repair kits that can plug the tire from the outside so you can do it yourself without taking the tire off. I use them all the time. You can buy them at Auto Zone, etc.

If you go to a tire place, 9 times out of 10, they’ll use the exact same type of plug.

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
CrashTest said:
You can buy repair kits that can plug the tire from the outside so you can do it yourself without taking the tire off. I use them all the time. You can buy them at Auto Zone, etc.

If you go to a tire place, 9 times out of 10, they’ll use the exact same type of plug.

That's right; it just depends on how much of a "do-it-yourself-guy" you are! :lmao:

CrashTest

Penn said:
That's right; it just depends on how much of a "do-it-yourself-guy" you are! :lmao:

I used to go to tire places to have my tires fixed but it got to be too much hassle. When they started building the shopping center over in Lusby, I was finding nails in my tires at a rate of about 1 every other week.

After about 8 nails and 3 plugs, I stopped driving down Trueman.

C

chess

CrashTest said:
I used to go to tire places to have my tires fixed but it got to be too much hassle. When they started building the shopping center over in Lusby, I was finding nails in my tires at a rate of about 1 every other week.

After about 8 nails and 3 plugs, I stopped driving down Trueman.

So thats the reason you left that crappy place they call the ranch club over to st marys ;)

AuntieN1281

Yeah, I'm here, I think!!
SeaRide said:

Thanks
SR

My husband's family owns a mechanic shop in Owings, off of Skinner's Turn Rd, on Investment Ct -- Southern MD Automotive. They've been very reputable. 301-855-3700.

01mds10

tires plus have fixed many tire repairs for me. i'm prone to flat tires. curtis tire does great tire repair also.

Floyd2004

-Void-
Ill toss in a +1 for plugs. I had a Nail in my tire last year. I tossed a plug in and have had no problems since then.

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
SeaRide said:

Thanks
SR

Hope you're not riding around with a nail still stuck in your tire, are ya?

Penn said:
Hope you're not riding around with a nail still stuck in your tire, are ya?
She wouldn't be the only one. I'll bet if I went out and looked at my three vehicles I'd find at least one.

blazinlow89

Big Poppa
Mr. tire either in the target shopping center, or the one in leonardtown ive alwasy had great service from the guys in leonardtown. $18 and they patch it and test it for leaks. I do like the plugs to, and there cheap.

Oz

You're all F'in Mad...
blazinlow89 said:
Mr. tire either in the target shopping center, or the one in leonardtown ive alwasy had great service from the guys in leonardtown. $18 and they patch it and test it for leaks. I do like the plugs to, and there cheap.

:eek:uch: