Question on Supplies

princessemily

Hello,
I am new to marine fish. My husband and I are in the process of learning everything we can about successfully keeping a marine aquarium. We have not yet learned which filters or products are the best to buy. I have noticed two auctions on ebay selling their complete set ups. I was wondering if anyone with some more experieince under their belt could take a look at the auctions and tell me if it is worth it or not. The auctions still have a few more days to go, but a guideline could be helpful. I appreciate any help.
I also just noticed we have a marine association, here in St. Mary's! We are going to try and attend the meeting on the 23rd!

Here are the item numbers of the auctions:
Just copy and paste the number in the Ebay search window and it will take you right to the auction!

Thanks so much

Cathee

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
princessemily said:
Hello,
I am new to marine fish. My husband and I are in the process of learning everything we can about successfully keeping a marine aquarium. We have not yet learned which filters or products are the best to buy. I have noticed two auctions on ebay selling their complete set ups. I was wondering if anyone with some more experieince under their belt could take a look at the auctions and tell me if it is worth it or not. The auctions still have a few more days to go, but a guideline could be helpful. I appreciate any help.
I also just noticed we have a marine association, here in St. Mary's! We are going to try and attend the meeting on the 23rd!

Here are the item numbers of the auctions:
Just copy and paste the number in the Ebay search window and it will take you right to the auction!

Thanks so much

Cathee
We have a saltwater aquarium. I have nothing to do with it, but they are a LOT of work. You might want to re-consider. You need equipment to make your own saltwater, also, and an area to do that in.

Draco69

Princessemily,

Hi there my name is Kenny and I am the Treasurer for SMMAS ( Southern Maryland Marine Aquarium Society) right here in the county. I was unable to make it to the meeting on the 23rd as me and the president were at a Saltwater Marine confrence meeting new sponsors and such. If you made it I hop you have a great time. Please come to our Homepage www.smmas.org and click on forums and register there. The club is very fun and we will be able to help you with everything and anything. The benifits of a saltwater aquarium are long lasting and lots of FUN. We make it fun and very interesting. The hobby is not time demanding once you have an established tank. I have 3 reef tanks and only spend about 1 hour a week maintaining them. It is all about reasearch and learning how the tank works. Please join over there and tell us about yourself and what you are planning on doing. We have some books that you can borrow and read up on. It is alot different than freshwater. It is very rewarding though. I have also enclosed 2 pics of 2 of my tanks. There is about 80 people in the club and we have some wonderful sponsors that help us out. Also we are having a big meet on November 4th at the Calvert Marine Museum where we will be having a couple of Guest speakers who have there own books, along with a very nice raffle. I hope to see you around.

Kenny
SMMAS Treasurer
www.smmas.org

Attachments

• dsc01029_105.jpg
    dsc01029_105.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 137
  • normal_Finish.jpg
    normal_Finish.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 140

Draco69

BS Gal said:
We have a saltwater aquarium. I have nothing to do with it, but they are a LOT of work. You might want to re-consider. You need equipment to make your own saltwater, also, and an area to do that in.

I think i have asked you before if yall need help. It is very easy and should not take away much time, maybe an hour or 2 a week to take care of the Saltwater tank. Please check us out and let us help you. The better you understand, the easier it is.

Victory1500

I know this is a bit late, but to me, a saltwater tank wasn't that much more difficult than setting up a freshwater. I've done everything from 10 gallon SW tanks to a 55 and never really did anything different. You'll just need to monitor the water a bit more closely, have proper lighting and filtration, etc. I wouldn't be discouraged over trying to do a SW tank!