Frozen breakfasts

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Do you think I could make my own?

I never eat in the morning because I don't think about it until I'm in "rush out the door" mode. I end up getting a fatwich or something at the c-store on the way to work.

So...I'm curious if anyone has ever done, like, scrambled eggs and hashbrowns and put them in a freezer container. And, if so, how did it turn out? Because I'm thinking I can just grab a container on my way out the door and nuke it at the office.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
And what about pancakes? Could I make a batch and freeze them, then heat them in the nuker when I get to work? Do you think they'd get too soggy or something?

I make up batches of pancakes and waffles and freeze them! Nuke the pancakes and pop the waffles in the toaster and you're good to go!

Just take the egg out the door and scramble it up in the microwave! :yay: Add some salt and pepper and you're good to go! Just watch it VERY carefully. They cook VERY FAST.

Toss the hasbrown in the toaster ( depending what type you have ) or the microwave, toast up a piece of pre-buttered bread and you've got a meal!

Pandora

I was grabbing a Mc Fatwich in the morning at one time too, and once I noticed I was gaining weight, I decided to keep oatmeal packets in my desk at work. It is really easy to just toss it in the microwave.

I knew that I would NEVER take time to heat up even a bagel in the morning so this was my way of working better eating habits into my day. It works for me. :shrug:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Pandora said:
I knew that I would NEVER take time to heat up even a bagel in the morning
See, this is me, too. So it must be something I can grab and take with me, then heat up while my email is coming down.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
CMC122 said:
How about a fresh fruit salad or keep a box of good granola and yogurt ready to go in the morning
Too healthy :lol:

I hate fruit, and yogurt/cereal doesn't keep me happy until lunch. Plus it's going to be getting colder and a cold breakfast on a cold morning is just upsetting.

Oatmeal sounds good, though. :yum:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I mean, they make frozen breakfast sandwiches - I seen 'em at the grocery store. :jet:

So it seems to me that I could make one with Egg Beaters and Boca sausage, then just freeze them. Cut out the fat of the McMuffin, but still have a yummy breakfast. Just curious if anyone has ever tried this.

greyhound

vraiblonde said:
I mean, they make frozen breakfast sandwiches - I seen 'em at the grocery store. :jet:

So it seems to me that I could make one with Egg Beaters and Boca sausage, then just freeze them. Cut out the fat of the McMuffin, but still have a yummy breakfast. Just curious if anyone has ever tried this.

Try it and let us know.... I would also like to do something like this. I cannot eat when I first wake up. I need 2 hours. I like to eat as soon as I get to work and I'm always rushing to get out the door.

Too Hot 4u

vraiblonde said:

I think Boca has a breakfast sandwich.... I tried it a while ago and they were good. It is the only way I can keep weight off....

Nanny Pam

Yo Vrai,
I do it all the time with pancakes & waffles. Make alot on weekends, when you have the time. Then freeze in portion size freezer bags.
You can also do sausage biscuits like that too.

onebdzee

off the shelf
vraiblonde said:
And what about pancakes? Could I make a batch and freeze them, then heat them in the nuker when I get to work? Do you think they'd get too soggy or something?

make extra pancakes....put how ever many you want in a ziploc freezer bag....nuke them for 1 and 1/2 to 2 minutes(depending on the microwave)

I've been doing this forever....my 18 yr old mutt got a bright idea one day to wrap stuff in them(sausage, homefries, bacon, ham)....makes them that much better :yay:

crabcake

But wait, there's more...
CableChick said:
I make up batches of pancakes and waffles and freeze them! Nuke the pancakes and pop the waffles in the toaster and you're good to go!

I do this for DQ for her breakfasts during the week also. I make a batch of pancakes and french toast on the griddle on the weekend, let them cool, then put two pancakes or toasts in a ziploc and freeze 'em. :yay: I also cook up bacon and sausage on the weekend, and she can have a piece with her pancakes/french toast during the week.

It's much easier making the mess and hassle of breakfast once a week vs. every day. :yay:

Pandora

vraiblonde said:
Oatmeal sounds good, though. :yum:

I have been eating Weight Smart oatmeal in the morning. I think it is fairly new to the market. :confused: It holds me over to lunch and often beyond, which is great with my hectic schedule.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
onebdzee said:
I've been doing this forever....my 18 yr old mutt got a bright idea one day to wrap stuff in them(sausage, homefries, bacon, ham)....makes them that much better
THAT is a fabulous idea! I'm gonna do that this weekend! The girls would eat that on their way to school, too.

Okay, I made up two test sandwiches:

One is wheat toast, egg beaters, boca sausage and fat-free cheese.

The other is a toasted wheat bun, egg beaters, bacon and fat-free cheese.

I let everything cool before I assembled the sandwiches and stuck them in the freezer. We shall see tomorrow how this experiment works out.

HillBillyChick

I am anxious as to how this turns out! I am also curious about the no-meat sausage...is it really good? I have been leery of trying it. And fat-free cheese? I tried that once and it would not melt. It was a while ago, so maybe products have improved or you can point me in the direction of brands, etc. I am trying to start eating healthier since my stay at St. Mary's last week. In an effort to at least smoke a little less, and reduce my (our) exposure to smoke, now we all go outside. That actually is working pretty well. Now for the food...........

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
Vrai, do you have time in the evening to prepare breakfast for the morning? Scramble up some eggs, cook up some bacon, sausage or hash browns, and put a piece of toast in a container. All ready to warm up in the morning. I used to do this about twice a week and it was yummy!