Polycystic Ovarian Disease???

Nanny Pam

LovingMother said:
anyone have any info on this???

OR

Premature Ovarian Failure??? (is this menopause but with women under 40)

Thanks yall :howdy:

My girlfriend had it when she was 35. She had a hysterectomy.

LovingMother

Brenda you are missed!!!
Nanny Pam said:
My girlfriend had it when she was 35. She had a hysterectomy.

Damn, Im only 28... Since my last child I havent been able to loss weight( Im 5"5 and 165) yeah yeah I told my weight.... :jameo: Im crazy... But within the last 4 months I havent had my monthly and ive gain like 6 pounds... My mom went though menopause at 32. Put on med's at 33.... She was a CRAZY lady.. I feel at times im turning into that.... But at 28.... wow...

hubby's going to love this.... :killingme :lmao:

P

PelyKat

The good news is that it is treatable with surgery and drugs/estrogen. The bad news is that if you don't treat it early, then it can turn into cancer. I know the doc's say it won't. But my mom had the problem...and they just treated the symptoms for 10 years. Until she went into Early Menopause. And thought it was ok. Then she developed Ovarian Cancer. Was it unrelated. I don't believe it was.

So when I started the same symptoms. and had all the kids I planned on having. Everything came out. Haven't regretted it a day. (just my opinion.)

LovingMother

Brenda you are missed!!!
Can we say Mood swings too.... Hot flashes... come on now im only 28.... All well nothing I can do about it... Guess I better start getting use to taking all these med's...

Has anyone heard of giving yourself "shots"??? And what are these shots??? I would much rather pills....

LovingMother said:
Can we say Mood swings too.... Hot flashes... come on now im only 28.... All well nothing I can do about it... Guess I better start getting use to take all these med's...

Has anyone heard of giving yourself "shots"??? And what are these shots??? I would much rather pills....
Didn't your OB/GYN give you the low down on this...:confused:

LovingMother

Brenda you are missed!!!
kwillia said:
Didn't your OB/GYN give you the low down on this...:confused:

She gave me some info (I go back after my blood work to talk to her more about it) She thinks its one or the other... We will know by Friday. I get all my blood work done this afternoon.... what fun.

:confused: Im just trying to read up about this more and ask questions..

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
LovingMother said:
Can we say Mood swings too.... Hot flashes... come on now im only 28.... All well nothing I can do about it... Guess I better start getting use to taking all these med's...

I'm confused. Don't you have a bunch of eggs and want to have more children and that was do-able? And on 8/31, you posted you hadn't had a period in two months. Do you have two periods a month? I'm trying to do the math here.

Last edited:

LovingMother

Brenda you are missed!!!
BS Gal said:
I'm confused. Don't you have a bunch of eggs and want to have more children and that was do-able?

Yeah so the sono tech told me a month ago.... She didnt know what in the hell she was talking about... My new doc is a little upset with the info she gave me.... the reason for that sono was to see why i havent had a monthley (at that time was 3 months late) Yes, im the one who has my tubes tied and would like one more however doesnt look like i will until I get my body straight... Then I will have to go though IVF. ( that's alot of info i still need to read up on) alot of med's to take and ect..... But before thinking about IVF i need to find out whats wrong with ME!!! Damn that was long... :popcorn:

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
Look! LM doesn't have to tell you guys about her disable if she doesn't want to so jut leave her alone! You're not going to get it out of her so just speculate all you want!

:killingme

LovingMother

Brenda you are missed!!!
BS Gal said:
I'm confused. Don't you have a bunch of eggs and want to have more children and that was do-able? And on 8/31, you posted you hadn't had a period in two months. Do you have two periods a month? I'm trying to do the math here.

opps nope it was 3 months... on Aug. 12th was month 3 without one... No I dont have two periods a month... Lord I would go :jameo: crazy!!!

Now im confusing myself.... :bigwhoop: (May 12th was my last period)

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
LovingMother said:
opps nope it was 3 months... on Aug. 12th was month 3 without one... No I dont have two periods a month... Lord I would go :jameo: crazy!!!

Now im confusing myself.... :bigwhoop: (May 12th was my last period)

Well, you certainly have me all in a dither.

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
kwillia said:
Clam down...:poorbaby:

Three kids, tubes tied, too many eggs and she's sharing them, then no periods, then this polywhatever. AND her first year anniverary is coming up........My head is spinning, I'm telling ya. :jameo:

sockgirl77

LovingMother said:
anyone have any info on this???

OR

Premature Ovarian Failure??? (is this menopause but with women under 40)

Thanks yall :howdy:
There are a few of us in here with PCOS. PM me with any questions. :yay:

sockgirl77

Pcos...

1. You should go see an Endocrinologist.
2. Gloucophage or Avandia work well.
3. If left untreated, it gets worse.